Newcastle United vs West Ham - 15/08/21 @ 14:00 - Live on Sky

Literally the first game of the season and I’m already irritated at the starting lineup. No Lascelles or Schar in favour of Krafth and Clark. There’s absolutely no logic at all in that. 

Just now, St1pe said:

Literally the first game of the season and I’m already irritated at the starting lineup. No Lascelles or Schar in favour of Krafth and Clark. There’s absolutely no logic at all in that. 

Sky was the limit for that pair at the end of 18/19. 

Guest reefatoon

Schar and Lascelles on the bench for Krafht is fucking insane. Should help guarantee a good old home stuffing though. Filthy looking defence.

I mean, I'm not one to defend the crooked nosed blancmange but we have literally no idea about fitness levels / injuries of players at this point in the season. I'm sure Clark and and Kraft aren't going to be his first choices long term.

Just now, reefatoon said:

Schar and Lascelles on the bench for Krafht is fucking insane. Should help guarantee a good old home stuffing though. Filthy looking defence.

Not a chance imo. We'll win and the shit-eating grin will set the tone for another season in mid-table. 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Yorkie said:

Not a chance imo. We'll win and the shit-eating grin will set the tone for another season in mid-table. 

I can’t see us winning, especially with that defence. I’d quite enjoy a good thumping on this one. Want to see the slug squirm.

4 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I can’t see us winning, especially with that defence. I’d quite enjoy a good thumping on this one. Want to see the slug squirm.

We won a load of games with basically that same defence at the back end of last season (just Dummett in for Clark). 

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Love that we're still playing Shelvey and Hayden in midfield. Fifth season since we came back up and they are still our starting midfield pairing. 

4 of the 11 were regulars in the Championship (plus Murphy who we brought up with us). Incredible. :lol:

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Guest reefatoon

Joelinton being on the bench is going to severely hamper his chances of a big six transfer. Have to feel for him.

Edited by reefatoon

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Sky Sports News just now :lol: praising Bruce’s record in the transfer market for us and using Jeff Hendrick and Jamal Lewis as the two examples.

Fucking hell. How do these people get away with doing so little research in their job.

Because subscribers continue to subscribe.

Guest reefatoon

Can’t wait for us to parade our one and only signing prior to kick off. Just to rub in how pathetically slow we are at signing players. He should have been playing.