Newcastle United 2 - 4 West Ham - 15/08/21 - Post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

I do have to say the patter about match going fans is fucking tedious at this stage. It's poisonous, boring and pretty pointless tbh. Newcastle fans will always go to the match regardless unless results and division status turns. History proves this. The Ashley era, very early 90s, the 80s, 70s, its always the same. 

Booing the knee mind is absolutely embarrassing. All fanbases will have incredibly shortsighted morons on this topic or on vaccines or whatever and will boo. I did hear applause during it though it is still absolutely embarrassing and not representative of the city of Newcastle for me.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Not wanting to come across as high and mighty, lads, but there's been a couple of rather unsavoury insults used in here today. I kinda get it, as insults they hit fucking hard at the person you're looking to offend, but it's canny not on when you consider the associated groups of people those insults were designed for. Dont mean to suggest match going fans shouldnt be griefed for extending this shitshow, but surely we can chose our words better. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Not wanting to come across as high and mighty, lads, but there's been a couple of rather unsavoury insults used in here today. I kinda get it, as insults they hit fucking hard at the person you're looking to offend, but it's canny not on when you consider the associated groups of people those insults were designed for. Dont mean to suggest match going fans shouldnt be griefed for extending this shitshow, but surely we can chose our words better. 

or just don’t comment would have been easier ? Never mind

If I'm gonna be honest lads, I'm glad fans are back. Football is alive again, regardless of what we think of NUFC, the PL, whatever. I may be a few pints deep ( :lol: ) but I'm glad. Like I posted a few posts above that sort of pattern is fucking boring. It's horribly toxic and like Yorkie puts it quite well, it's a waste of energy. This is the fanbase of Newcastle United and always has been it. We've been in lockdown for more or less 18 months and people are finally feeling freedom; some may think that's ordering at the bar in the pub, not needing to wear a mask, or going to watch their team.

That's what many believe when they go and tbh I kinda still feel the same way. I haven't been since May 2019 for Rafa's last game but fuck me I miss it. The energy of scoring, anger of conceding, the passion of singing for your team. The atmosphere sounded good today and tbph I'm sad I wasn't part of it. I love Newcastle United, simple as that and this to me still is Newcastle United. The owner is a parasitic cunt, the manager is a clueless bell end, a lot of the squad are shite but it's still my club and I want them to do well and win.

The lot who booed the lads taking the knee I hope keel owa mind.

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I hope that the people using it don't know what "mongs" means.

It's usually a shortening of mongoloids, often used as an insulting term for people with Downs syndrome.

It is in no way acceptable to be used, and still less as an insult. Time for me to leave this place.

I went today. I've barely been for 6 years but I've moved back, my dad has refused to give up going, and he's not been well for a while. So I've made a choice to go back with him because it's a chance to spend quality time. I really don't have a lot of care for the team these days but today was worth it being with him and the pre-match buzz in town is still class. 

Tbf, the atmosphere in the beginning was brilliant, but it was amazing how quickly that apathy returned at 3ish goals in. It was actually quite nice not being too frustrated about the result and still enjoying the day for what it is.

Best moment for me was when the divs started booing the knee but far more people started to cheer for it instead. I felt proud seeing people around me react that way - it actually restored some faith in humanity for me, as I was expecting to see what I read online all the time. A powerful reminder there are still many well-intentioned people out there. 

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

5 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Won’t boo Bruce or miss the game, but will boo taking the knee. Literal mongs 

came on to mention this. there was more abuse to the taking of the knee than there was towards ashley - and not a single bit of abuse for bruce either.

worst thing about today was the realisation that i still actually give a shit about this club.

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I do have to say the patter about match going fans is fucking tedious at this stage. It's poisonous, boring and pretty pointless tbh. Newcastle fans will always go to the match regardless unless results and division status turns. History proves this. The Ashley era, very early 90s, the 80s, 70s, its always the same. 

Booing the knee mind is absolutely embarrassing. All fanbases will have incredibly shortsighted morons on this topic or on vaccines or whatever and will boo. I did hear applause during it though it is still absolutely embarrassing and not representative of the city of Newcastle for me.

Been tedious for about 6 years. 

Weirdest thing is those who dish out the most grief are those who never went regularly in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Foluwashola said:

Been tedious for about 6 years. 

Weirdest thing is those who dish out the most grief are those who never went regularly in the first place.

What difference does that make? Genuine question. 

Glad I missed the match and the resulting match thread on here :buck2:

I've come to realise over the last couple years I am totally disconnected from the fanbase at large, I can't stomach turning up there knowing what is happening/happened to the club I love.

It got me worked up way too much when I was turning up and I had fuck all positive to say about the club, and probably boring everyone else who just wanted their day out [emoji38]

Still hate Ashley, Bruce can take a flying fuck. Not sure if I'll ever recapture what I loved about supporting Newcastle, even football in general feels tinged.

Sorry for the negative shit haha

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It shouldn't be, but unfortunately this country is still chocked with racists.

yup. booing the taking of the knee whilst telling anyone who will listen that they arent racist.

i'm of asian origin and the missus is of hardy northumbrian stock.

i take my mixed-race kids, who've luckily never experienced any racism at school, to watch the team they love. my son was almost in tears today sat in the gallowgate surrounded by adults booing the knee. it really shook him up.