Newcastle United 2 - 4 West Ham - 15/08/21 - Post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

They're part of the problem, they just can't see the bigger picture because it's all about them.

got to admit I’m very surprised it was so many. I assume it was lot of match tickets because it was first day back and people have missed it 

Edited by gdm

There aren't just the two options of either being a violent revolutionary or being a complicit actor in this farce. A passive protest is still a protest. Not spending money on a non-necessity that brings you misery is one of the easiest things you can do.

For example, I've stopped giving Blizzard any money via World of Warcraft or Overwatch as a result of the shitty revelations the other week (and also their products turning to wank over the last several years (not unlike us in many ways)). I am not, however, about to march on their offices or harangue anyone on Twitter. Not constantly participating in active, ongoing demonstrations is not the same as doing nothing.

You'd be entitled to say it's maybe not as powerful or it doesn't help highlight the problem to get more attention. Those are definitely valid opinions to hold. But you can't throw it back in someone's face as if they're doing nothing.

4 minutes ago, thomas said:

There aren't just the two options of either being a violent revolutionary or being a complicit actor in this farce. A passive protest is still a protest. Not spending money on a non-necessity that brings you misery is one of the easiest things you can do.

For example, I've stopped giving Blizzard any money via World of Warcraft or Overwatch as a result of the shitty revelations the other week (and also their products turning to wank over the last several years (not unlike us in many ways)). I am not, however, about to march on their offices or harangue anyone on Twitter. Not constantly participating in active, ongoing demonstrations is not the same as doing nothing.

You'd be entitled to say it's maybe not as powerful or it doesn't help highlight the problem to get more attention. Those are definitely valid opinions to hold. But you can't throw it back in someone's face as if they're doing nothing.

Of course, the complication is if it still gives you enjoyment. If it brings you more misery not to go, for example. 

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The answer is to go out and get someone who can pass and run. 

We will concede bucketloads this season if we play that defence and Shelvey in front. And we don’t have anywhere near the firepower to make it up. 

Well, the teams that are better than West Ham will take us to pieces with that set-up. I'm not sure how we'll fare with the teams that are worse. 

But you're right. We don't have a decent player for the anchor position. Shelvey and Longstaff are lacking defensively. Hayden is poor in possession and isn't that quick. Hendrick wouldn't want the responsibility and seems to opt for a peripheral postion.

There are signs that we're trying to bring in someone for that role, and it would make a big difference if we succeeded.

24 minutes ago, jonbobson said:

No, I don't attend, but I don't slate others calling them "cunts" or "mong's" if they do.

Their choice, their money.

How about, instead of venting all that pent up anger on a forum, yous lot get off your arses and do something about the situation?

Oh no, sorry, to much hassle. Best to just watch games on telly and moan online.

I haven’t. But then again it’s not the only wrong point you’ve made in your recent posts.

I would keep going round in circles with you, but you clearly can’t comprehend simple things.

Going to the game but then pointing out your displeasure does get more exposure than a website participant sitting here saying the players, manager owner, league are cunts. Its difficult as you still went and therefore you were a bum of seat which masks unrest and unhappiness as the camera pans around the stadium and continues to see bums on seats neglecting the obvious that we have had shite served and shoveled down our throats for over a decade.

No right or wrong answers I am afraid  one upping or snapping at each other doesn't help a divided fan base is alot easier to control and this has been so prolonged of a shit show I dont blame people for just accepting their lot in the hope one day some how it gets better.

Edited by nufcjmc

Guest neesy111
Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Of course, the complication is if it still gives you enjoyment. If it brings you more misery not to go, for example. 

This is a very good point.  So many fans I know with ST's hate the actual going to the match, it's just something to do I've been told.

I'd bet we'd have 20k if we didn't have SJP so close to all the pubs in the city centre.

15 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Is this the lad that only shows up after a few cans? 

'A few' :lol:

He logs on when he's mortal, spouts shite getting loads of mugs to swallow his bait then sleeps it off until next week.

27 minutes ago, jonbobson said:

No, I don't attend, but I don't slate others calling them "cunts" or "mong's" if they do.

Their choice, their money.

How about, instead of venting all that pent up anger on a forum, yous lot get off your arses and do something about the situation?

Oh no, sorry, to much hassle. Best to just watch games on telly and moan online.

I no longer live nearby, so I do my bit by ensuring I don't put my cash in Ashley's pocket. 

If people somehow derive pleasure from watching us week in, week out let them get on with it, but how many of them are just going through the motions?

Guest reefatoon
23 minutes ago, jonbobson said:

Is this the lad that tries so hard to be in the forum "clique" by just agreeing with them?

[emoji38] you’re such a shit drunk.