Newcastle United 2 - 4 West Ham - 15/08/21 - Post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

13 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Where did the whole Marxism even come from in relation to BLM?

If I'm not mistaken, it's linked to the political head of the BLM movement in the US, some if the individuals involved are from a left wing background.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Okay, but I'm assuming you were never racist in the first place.

The kind of people that hold these kinds of views are completely uninterested in these sorts of gestures, and if anything revel in all the fuss that comes about from it, and can't wait for the next chance to carry on.

Well I'm not white, but I still feel thoroughly embarrassed when it's our fans booing the knee gesture. The north east is already probably pigeon-holed as more racist than the south, it's not great when we have these arseholes confirming it. 

For me personally I would never presume or label people racist based on booing the knee, that is a very serious accusation to make and carries a lot of weight man. People really need to be careful with that. Think it is seriously trivializing things. And as I mentioned previously just because someone is behind the kneeling that doesn't mean they are not doing something completely different behind closed doors. Hence why I can't take the backing of the kneeling seriously at all.

Edited by KaKa

In general it’s not helpful to label

people racist anyway. They’re doing a racist thing, saying a racist thing, supporting a racist policy - in the moment. Anyone can do that and do something fine the next time. Better to consider the individual incident. 

I’m aware I’ve done the opposite myself :lol:

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If I'm not mistaken, it's linked to the political head of the BLM movement in the US, some if the individuals involved are from a left wing background.

Yes - but whats that got to do with Marxism?

Thats not a dig at you, more the link itself between BLM and Marxism.

Marxism as I understand it (which is very little) is about class and economics?? Broader than simply left vs right??

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Nah they are racists cunts like, if you weren’t that way inclined it wouldn’t bother you at all. 

From what I can see the whole thing has become massively politicized and is seemingly used as a way to identify which way people lean politically. And this is now leading to a whole different argument and fight altogether. It's a complete and utter mess.

13 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Yes - but whats that got to do with Marxism?

Thats not a dig at you, more the link itself between BLM and Marxism.

Marxism as I understand it (which is very little) is about class and economics?? Broader than simply left vs right??

One of the leaders of BLM in the US was seen to describe herself as a Marxist I think, which is immediately taken alongside 'defund the police' and applied to taking the knee in this country because when they started taking a knee after the restart of football in 19-20 the players wore 'Black Lives Matter' on their shirts. Its unbelievably shortsighted bollocks.

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

One of the leaders of BLM in the US was seen to describe herself as a Marxist I think, which is immediately taken alongside 'defund the police' and applied to taking the knee in this country because when they started taking a knee after the restart of football in 19-20 the players wore 'Black Lives Matter' on their shirts. Its unbelievably shortsighted bollocks.

Aaah right - cheers.

Just wondered where the link came from

We had 2 recognised CBs on the bench with a RB starting the game at CB and a recognised left wing back who seemingly had a good pre season on the bench with a winger at left wing back. Instead of harping on about the penalty (which was saved and just before it was given Antonio missed an open goal from 5 yards) which wasn't a pen tbf, people interviewing Bruce should be asking him how he feels to concede 4 goals at home for the 3rd time in his tenure, something which hadn't happened since February 2014. Or why he's playing players out of position, or why West Ham overran us in midfield for the entire game. Ugh.

Guest HTT II
11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

From what I can see the whole thing has become massively politicized and is seemingly used as a way to identify which way people lean politically. And this is now leading to a whole different argument and fight altogether. It's a complete and utter mess.

That’s always been the way and always will be, me I’m sick of pussy cutting around the issue, if you boo taken the knee you’re a fucking knacker and most likely don’t like anyone that isn’t white and don’t like them dirty foreigners either, they can go and fuck off because they are the type who claim not to be racist and act like they aren’t - when not booing taking the knee, sharing memes about dirty Muslims and other foreigners on social media etc. They are the worst, again they can fuck off absolute dregs of society!

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

That’s always been the way and always will be, me I’m sick of pussy cutting around the issue, if you boo taken the knee you’re a fucking knacker and most likely don’t like anyone that isn’t white and don’t like them dirty foreigners either, they can go and fuck off because they are the type who claim not to be racist and act like they aren’t - when not booing taking the knee, sharing memes about dirty Muslims and other foreigners on social media etc. They are the worst, again they can fuck off absolute dregs of society!

Unfortunately my experience of these things has been a life long one. I cannot tell you how many encounters I have had with people that will smile in your face and say all the right things and then you start hearing something different behind your back.

Ironically there are then those that say some of the daftest things openly, but at least you can then confront them on it and hash it out with them and they can often see where they are completely misguided.

I cannot even begin to express how complicated and tiresome these things can be man.   

Guest HTT II
Just now, ManDoon said:

You can't really win, ignore them, they become more vociferous, call them out, they instantly adopt a victim complex 'how dare you call me racist! just because I think we should control our borders!!',  if you try to debate they aren't debating from a fair position so that's out of the question. It's fucked.  For me personally, if you were just not into the gesture, you would stay silent on the issue. Actively booing it signifies something far more siniister. I don't know where you start being able to just say someone is racist, if not for things like that. I don't see what nuances in booing black players making a statement against racism exist.

I cut the cunts off out of my life/put them on ignore, ignorance is bliss and all that, but then I don’t have to deal with the cunts every day. These same cunts abuse Rashford/Sterling/Saka/Sancho but will willingly cheer them scoring and have their name of the back of their kids’ tops. Again they are the absolute worst!

In Bruce's defence (yeah I know), playing Murphy and Ritchie at wing-back worked out pretty well at the end of last season. Murphy isn't the best defensively but I think did a job as a RWB (as opposed to RB), whereas Ritchie payed a key role in our revival last season and isn't normally this crap at LWB.

Playing those players alongside that back three was asking for trouble though. I didn't get it - were Lascelles and Schar injured? Clark and Krafth are Championship at best. We have Dummett who plays LCB well, but is injury-prone. Aside from that we had Lejeune, but let him go without replacing him, which is crazy in my view.

20 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Not the words that I would use in this, but the sentiment entirely sums up the issue. Everyone is different, yet we are all the same, some blokes just have smaller hands and d***s than others, whilst some are more of a d*** than others. Creed and colour and race are irrelevant to this. Equally, and more importantly there are great folk out there, everywhere. Classism is another issue, so many look down on others from a different class or so called perceived class, yet more folk in the UK are in the top 5% of wealthiest in the world. The issue is whether we as individuals respect others. This is not political, or it really shouldn’t be, it is about being a good neighbour. In an educated society we understand that others will have a differing opinion to us, the opposite is the definition of a bigot.

36 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We had 2 recognised CBs on the bench with a RB starting the game at CB and a recognised left wing back who seemingly had a good pre season on the bench with a winger at left wing back. Instead of harping on about the penalty (which was saved and just before it was given Antonio missed an open goal from 5 yards) which wasn't a pen tbf, people interviewing Bruce should be asking him how he feels to concede 4 goals at home for the 3rd time in his tenure, something which hadn't happened since February 2014. Or why he's playing players out of position, or why West Ham overran us in midfield for the entire game. Ugh.

This was what I spent time discussing with my mate yesterday....

Krafth is bearly a Championship level defender and never a Centre Back in 100 years!  Having Schar and Lascelles on the bench seemed to be a crazy decision by Bruce, then playing Richie as a wing back when he has been shown over and over again to be short in pace was ludicrous...  

Clark is just terrible, his indecision and nerves will have made the job that Woodman was asked to do close to impossible (bear in mind how nervous Woodman would have been to begin with anyway!)....  The sooner we get Lascelles, Schar and Fernandez as our regular starting centre backs the better, although that is far from perfect I believe it is the best option we have...

Bruce should feel incredibly ashamed of his decisions - both in starting 11 and then his substitutions.

Edited by pinkeye

Hope everyone had a great day out.  Get shafted up the arse by Ashley and Premier League and they still come back for more.

Took 90 mins and we reverted to type.  Still we had a good day and the atmosphere was great.

Bunch of cocks the lot of them!

9 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

This was what I spent time discussing with my mate yesterday....

Kraft is bearly a Championship level defender and never a Centre Back in 100 years!  Having Schar and Lascelles on the bench seemed to be a crazy decision by Bruce, then playing Richie as a wing back when he has been shown over and over again to be short in pace was ludicrous...  

Clark is just terrible, his indecision and nerves will have made the job that Woodman was asked to do close to impossible (bear in mind how nervous Woodman would have been to begin with anyway!)....  The sooner we get Lascelles, Schar and Fernandez as our regular starting centre backs the better, although that is far from perfect I believe it is the best option we have...

Bruce should feel incredibly ashamed of his decisions - both in starting 11 and then his substitutions.

Bruce doesn't do shame mate.

9 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Hope everyone had a great day out.  Get shafted up the arse by Ashley and Premier League and they still come back for more.

Took 90 mins and we reverted to type.  Still we had a good day and the atmosphere was great.

Bunch of cocks the lot of them!

It made me laugh how the atmosphere actually sounded quite loud at the start, like all is well with the club. [emoji38]..i know it's because people haven't been able to go for a while etc but still, it was just weird.

Soon went quiet mind.