The Ascent

Dokko

Surprised no one has created it's own thread. Stunning game with great atmosphere but unfortunately for me suffers from a few ramp ups in difficulty. I've given this game more patience than I normally would but still had to die a dozen times in same places to advance.

Apart from that, superb game.

So close to dropping it from normal to easy. Stuck on the bit where you got to hold out for 3 mind with wave after wave. I've been beyond the allotted time but it seems you've also got to clear what's left and that's what's got me on the last attempt and the fuckers switched off for now. 

My options are keep trying or leave the map and grind. Problem is xp is hard to come by around my level and I'd be hours away from making a difference. Side quests are all too high level as well. 

My last option and I've been very fucking tempted is to drop the difficulty but it seems cheap as I've done this far on normal. It's possibly my character build holding me back or just my shitness.

"sampled" this when it dropped and the framerate issues were the reason I didn't go all in. Just couldn't get into it. My shit is a few years old but I feel like it should handle whatever this is throwing. :dontknow:

Knocked it down to medium, Ray tracing off and Dx12 and its much better. Doesn't look as good as the xbx and still get the pause when something is going to explode but its a happy medium when i've been booted off the main tv.

On 18/08/2021 at 20:39, Dokko said:

12 work8ng better than 11 for me. Ray tracing not so much but think that's my older gpu to play there

Ah that's good if so. They were saying to hold off, guessing they must have patched for it.

7 hours ago, elbee909 said:

Ah that's good if so. They were saying to hold off, guessing they must have patched for it.

It's been patched since release. No idea what though but gpu issues were priority feedback from players.

14 hours ago, Dokko said:

It's been patched since release. No idea what though but gpu issues were priority feedback from players.

Shader caching is still an issue. This is more an Unreal issue then, annoying! Hope that's resolved somehow.