Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United - 21/8/21 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Apart from the Chav/trainspooter/Ashley Generation element that will be present in the away support to a degree - an entire stadium full of people supporting two distinct clubs who can't stand Bruce, having experienced years of him as their manager - his football, his waffle - that are all completely wrong, as the  media see it, the media that hasn't experienced Bruce as manager and watched only a fraction of his games.

Remember when Villa went on a 10game winning streak after Smith took over from Bruce, without spending a penny, lifting Villa from lower half of the table to promotion? The media don't

Edited by Wolfcastle

7 minutes ago, midds said:

When you're looking to kick start your season the ideal fixture you want is Newcastle (H). Comfortable home win. 

As much as i can remember, this has always been the case even when we were half decent...

Lost 6 on the bounce...Newcastle will help

Need points to get out of the relegation zone or qualify for Europe....no worries, here come Newcastle

On target to set a record low points total.....don't worry Newcastle will make it look a bit less worse

1-1 or 2-1 either way. We're shite in defence but have Willock coming into the midfield and have fret in attack. Villa, judging by their Watford performance, are probably the same. ASM should have Targett on toast given what Sarr was able to do if Targett starts. But Smith is lightyears ahead of Bruce.

Guest HTT II

Villa Park was my first away game as well, Cole and Lee, 2-0, oh what a season and a day… now we have Ashley and Bruce. Howay Villa!

I'd imagine a chorus of 'Sit Down Potato Head' whenever Bruce gets off the bench from our lot.

It's what used to happen when he came here with all his other clubs and, obvs, it's more heartfelt now we've had a period with him ourselves.

No idea as to result.

We were abysmal first half at Watford, much better the second. We've lost our best player a week before the season starts, but we've signed some excellent ones. They just need time to gel.

We missed Watkins hugely last week, I hope he's back.

Martinez - Young - Mings - Konsa - Cash - McGinn - Luiz - Watkins - Buendia - Bailey - Ings for me.