Aston Villa 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 21/08/21 - post-match from page 13

BlueStar

13 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

None of those players would get into any team above midtable and none of those teams would be interested either. Rafa had good organisation and defended from the front (we don't now), however under Rafa the likes of Clark, Ritchie and Murphy were certainly on their way out of the club. Neesy states some are also getting on a bit and that's a fair point also (especially Fernandez). Just don't rate any of our defenders as more than average at best and nobody needs to tell me about the clusterfuck of a manger making things even worse. You even agreed to the point I made last week concerning if you are a player of a good quality standard then you will still see that on a football pitch no matter who the manager is. I just don't see that with any of the defenders, or most of the team either it has to be said.

Well I didn't say they were world beaters, but none of them look like they've deteriorated particularly because they are a couple of years older. They just look less organised which is understandable given they were probably being given precise instructions under Rafa on every single detail of their job. 

You can give Bruce any amount of expensive players, he'll still not know what to do with them other than tell them to get the ball down and "let's play!"

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well I didn't say they were world beaters, but none of them look like they've deteriorated particularly because they are a couple of years older. They just look less organised which is understandable given they were probably being given precise instructions under Rafa on every single detail of their job. 

You can give Bruce any amount of expensive players, he'll still not know what to do with them other than tell them to get the ball down and "let's play!"

Bruce is shit in every way, just don't think any of the defenders are very good either (either due to age or ability).  

Even if he was offside the goalkeeper should still get a red card. Basically saying if you know the attacker is offside you can do what the fuck you like to him and you cant get booked (Pickford on Van Dijk springs to mind) Fucking bollocks VAR decisions again, feels like there is a vendetta against us from takeover but probably just being a sore loser. 

5 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Even if he was offside the goalkeeper should still get a red card. Basically saying if you know the attacker is offside you can do what the fuck you like to him and you cant get booked (Pickford on Van Dijk springs to mind) Fucking bollocks VAR decisions again, feels like there is a vendetta against us from takeover but probably just being a sore loser. 

He was still booked, wasn't he? 

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

He was still booked, wasn't he? 

Oh right I didnt realise he got booked, still should have been red but makes it less annoying. Not too fussed about Lascelles penalty decision. Didnt think it was but can understand why it was given

Just watched the Wilson 'offside' again on sky sports app. Did the VAR officials line him up against the WRONG defender? Surely not? 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

2 hours ago, Holmesy said:

It hasn’t at all. We’ve been shite, they’ve been average but they took their chances. The penalty would’ve been our first shot on target in the whole game! You don’t win games in this league having no shots on target from open play.

We’ve deserved fuck all and that’s exactly what we got. 

I think it was yet another harsh pen, and I don't believe Wilson was offside, even though you say we had no shot on goal, we should have taken the lead after 4 minutes had Wilson finished his 1 on 1 with the keeper. 

Yes we probably did deserve fuck all as you say, but I'd still say we've been hard done by with decisions lately. 

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

That's a joke and when you counter in the fact also that the referee was told to go check the screen this time and yet wasn't last week - that's not right.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

The lines in that man united one 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

In my opinion you can’t play 5 at the back and play almiron in a midfield three. Something has to change be that a 4-2-3-1 with almiron and asm out wide? Center midfield is still a massive problem.

Which goes back to my comments regarding an actual football plan which links to every element of our football strategy including recruitment. 

There is gaps all over the Squad which makes so unbalanced and inflexible . 

I'd go with current personal being fit: 

GK: Dubravka

RB: Manquillo 

LB: Lewis 

CB: Fernandez

CB: Lascelles 

CM: Hayden

CM: Willock

RW: ASM

CAM: Almiron

LW: Fraser

CF: Wilson

7 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

In my opinion you can’t play 5 at the back and play almiron in a midfield three. Something has to change be that a 4-2-3-1 with almiron and asm out wide? Center midfield is still a massive problem.

I agree. Obviously we need some more legs in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but surely a simple tactical set-up with Hayden, Longstaff and Willock behind Almiron, ASM and Wilson could work. It just needs time spent on the training ground to work on shape in defence / attack

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

I agree. Obviously we need some more legs in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but surely a simple tactical set-up with Hayden, Longstaff and Willock behind Almiron, ASM and Wilson could work. It just needs time spent on the training ground to work on shape in defence / attack

Training you say?! What is this madness.

Brewcie laughs in the face of training.

Days off all around 

non-existent formation/shape.

no clue with regards to changes needed once we chased the game other than the old "get joelinton on" tactic.

ritchie is finished at this level - absolutely no pace/mobilty.

not a single anti-bruce chant from away fans.

Danny Murphy is a cunt.

Not only does he talk shit, he does so in a tone of voice that suggests he's mostly bored and we're supposed to thank him for his input. He adds nothing of value, absolutely nothing.

Anyway, going back to today. We were at best mediocre and without Watkins, Bailey and Traore so weakened too. We played pretty badly again - same as last week only Watford turned us over quite effortlessly whereas we won today.

I know you don't want to be hearing other people saying this, but I think my credentials here are good enough for you to know there's no gloating at all in this, but I really do think you're in big shit unless you move Bruce out.

It stinks of the same torpor we stank of under him for a long time.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

know you don't want to be hearing other people saying this, but I think my credentials here are good enough for you to know there's no gloating at all in this, but I really do think you're in big shit unless you move Bruce out.

Mate, literally all of us on here now this and agree with it :lol: Doesn't come across as remotely gloating, sounds like you're one of us if anything.

I think we'll be just about fine, but wouldn't be remotely surprised to see us finish dead last neither.