Aston Villa 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 21/08/21 - post-match from page 13

BlueStar

If after a full pre-season and our strongest side out, we're getting beat off West Ham and Villa out of the blocks, with 3 shots on target over 180 minutes I don't really know where we go from there. Bruce has shown historically he has no plan B, so I guess we're sticking with the back 5 until the press finally start questioning it, at which point he'll knee jerk into another system with no training.

41 minutes ago, RS said:

Looking grim when arguably our best starting outfield lineup play as shit as described. 

Important point.

Pre match, plenty felt that it was our strongest line up. Ominous although I still expect us to luck our way to 16th/17th, probably with another late season flourish when everyone else starts to go on holiday.

3 minutes ago, Robster said:

Important point.

Pre match, plenty felt that it was our strongest line up. Ominous although I still expect us to luck our way to 16th/17th, probably with another late season flourish when everyone else starts to go on holiday.

I don't think we will, Wilson and ASM will get injured before long and the replacements are championship standard at best, Bruce was saved last season because of no pressure at St James.

Finally decided to put myself through the pain of the highlights. Not sure what anyone is complaining about either decision, tbh. 

Lascelles handles it, if he doesn’t, the ball is likely to go in the net. Wilson looks marginally offside without even drawing any lines.

A bit like last week with West Ham’s penalty decision. It could go either way, but ultimately we only have ourselves to blame because even without the decision(s) we weren’t in the game.

No complaints with the pen but the offside is bullshit. Yeah yeah, he's half a foot ahead of the defender but that's never, ever getting spotted by a lino and so there's no unfair advantage. Yet another totally disproportionate imposition from the VAR Offsides Dept. 

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

No complaints with the pen but the offside is bullshit. Yeah yeah, he's half a foot ahead of the defender but that's never, ever getting spotted by a lino and so there's no unfair advantage. Yet another totally disproportionate imposition from the VAR Offsides Dept. 

Did the linesman give offside? I thought they just automatically checked this with any VAR penalty decision. Don't have a problem if it's checked and it's offside, however when you look at the goal given for Man Utd last week, then that's why the whole thing is a sham. Also the fact for their penalty, the referee was told to have a look at the off pitch monitor, yet wasn't last week against West Ham. Can't stand VAR, it's totally ruined the game due to the inconsistencies of the officials (not the actual equipment). Very very few actual decent referees in the Premier League. 

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Finally decided to put myself through the pain of the highlights. Not sure what anyone is complaining about either decision, tbh. 

Lascelles handles it, if he doesn’t, the ball is likely to go in the net. Wilson looks marginally offside without even drawing any lines.

A bit like last week with West Ham’s penalty decision. It could go either way, but ultimately we only have ourselves to blame because even without the decision(s) we weren’t in the game.

Aye. We didn't get the rub of the green, that's about as charitable as you could be. Did we deserve anything from the game otherwise? No, so not really worth arguing about. 

The away kit colour may be a negative. Remember Man U dropping their grey away kit as it was deemed to slow the visual decision making process up. 

probably something we can I’ll afford to do. But hey, if it sells……..

Didn’t watch second half but we never looked winners after Wilson missed early.

ASM looked off his game mind 

Difficult to muster any enthusiasm for this NUFC , I’m more looking forward to Blyth v Telford next week 

Edited by GWN

8 minutes ago, GWN said:

Didn’t watch second half but we never looked winners after Wilson missed early.

ASM looked off his game mind 

Difficult to muster any enthusiasm for this NUFC , I’m more looking forward to Blyth v Telford next week 

Will be at Croft Park too. :thup:

Villa were totally pedestrian FFS, if we can´t beat that lot playin crap football we don´t deserve a thing.

Very disjointed, all over the place. Far too easy down the wings for them I thought.

Neither team looked at all like they were going to score and then villa just upped their fight and started to gain momentum, which we had no answer for at all.

As mentioned we got what we deserved so its hard to put up too much of a fight regarding the offside decision, as poor as it was though. Personally I have no beef with the handball given for their penalty, I'd have been very disappointed if it was our shout and it wasn't given. Onwards and hopefully upwards.

Hi guys, I'm a football vlogger who plans go around the country reviewing stadiums as well providing a few tips to future attendee's I managed to attend the match at Villa park on Saturday as you can see from below. I have been very interested to hear your overall thoughts on Villa Park itself. Please do follow my channel if there's any future grounds you recommend me visiting then please do comment and subscribe. 

On the season ahead, I hope you guys manage to turn things round. Hopefully the good times will come back soon for you lot with  if with a good new owner and good manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2V4T_R2QgY&t=2s

Edited by AndrewsTripNNip

:thup: Hope you enjoyed it, sorry you had to watch the utter turd we produce.

In terms of stadiums to go to, I highly recommend places like Portsmouth, Bradford,  Sheff Wed and Fulham. Much better than the modern ‘flat pack’ stadium you see now; Leicester, Reading, Brighton etc.