Aston Villa 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 21/08/21 - post-match from page 13

BlueStar

Just now, KaKa said:

We are so embarrassing man. 

The likes of Bailey and Watkins aren't even featuring yet and these lot are giving us the business. Losing with them starting El Ghazi and that kid Ramsey.

Oh dear. Bruce out.

You've been much the better team for all but the last ten minutes of the half.

We have been absolutely shite. Why El Ghazi gets starts is beyond me. I actually thought Ramsey had a shout for best player on our side so far.

No Grealish, obviously, but also no Watkins or Bailey and we can't make the ball stick at your end of the pitch enough.

Just now, brummie said:

We have been absolutely shite. Why El Ghazi gets starts is beyond me. I actually thought Ramsey had a shout for best player on our side so far.

No Grealish, obviously, but also no Watkins or Bailey and we can't make the ball stick at your end of the pitch enough.

I don’t think either team have really played TBH. 

My thoughts.

Almiron none existent.

ASM needs to be coming from wide areas.

Lascelles is a fucking donkey. Terrible clearance for their throw.

Murphy has been poor.

Ref is a cunt.

What a waste of my afternoon again.

Defence have been really shite, culminating in Lascelles slicing a hoof, basically giving Villa the lead.

Going forward we haven't been good at all, 2 or 3 attacks worth mentioning and that's it, ASM and Almiron really need to do more.

The wingbacks, they are terrible they offer nothing defensively and don't offer anywhere near enough going forward to make up for it.

Terrible finishing from Wilson was really capitalised on by Villa.

Looking forward to nothing changing in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

And yet we're still losing the game. Very bad sign IMO.

Your lot are in a bit of limbo at the moment with the new players coming in and having not bedded in. Just realised Traore managed to get injured again too and isn't available.

Your missing quite a few of your better performers and we don't look like we will capitalise in any way shape or form. Could easily see Bailey come on do something decent and it will lead to the game being sewn up, as we don't tend to improve after the half under Bruce.

What does Bruce and his amazing football mind do now? Played ok but behind, can't sit back but probably still will because playing any other way is beyond him. Villa have been trash yet you just knew we'd switch off at some point and let in an avoidable goal. Need Willock and ASM on the ball more. Not sure what Almiron is supposed to be doing. Murphy and Ritchie pretty hopeless.

Just now, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Just think we need to be less expansive

Not managers fault either

He's the manager.  Of course it's his fault.  Still no game plan, players in wrong positions etc.  It's entirely down to him.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Rod said:

He's the manager.  Of course it's his fault.  Still no game plan, players in wrong positions etc.  It's entirely down to him.

What we need to do is dust ourselves down and go again.