"Calcio!" Serie A (2022/23)

Collage

On 03/10/2021 at 13:06, ponsaelius said:

Just what Scotland need is another talented left back. 

Lazio bizarre this season. Derby win last week and a good European win midweek - followed up with this horror show. 

Maldini has him earmarked for Milan in January apparently. €15m.

I hate 5 subs. 

It basically allowed Verona to ruin that game with calculated fouls. The two red cards at the end both for subs who had come on for players taken off with yellows. If it wasn't for that there'd have been red cards half an hour earlier or they wouldn't have been able to foul. 

33 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I hate 5 subs. 

It basically allowed Verona to ruin that game with calculated fouls. The two red cards at the end both for subs who had come on for players taken off with yellows. If it wasn't for that there'd have been red cards half an hour earlier or they wouldn't have been able to foul. 

It's such a stupid idea and it's pure greed, in different ways, that it's coming in.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

With Milan faltering and Napoli without Osimhen for months things have opened up now.

I would probably make Inter clear favourites at this point. Atalanta have probably put themselves in the mix too.

Absolutely gutted for Osimhen and Napoli. He was on fire this season.

28 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Question for those much more knowledgeable than me about Italian football - what would be a good season for Mourinho with Roma?

Are they expected to finish top four, or title challenge? Or are they rebuilding and anything would be a success?

He'd be doing well to get into the top four IMO. So many strong sides at the top end of the league now that I think to get Roma back in the CL would be a solid achievement.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Question for those much more knowledgeable than me about Italian football - what would be a good season for Mourinho with Roma?

Are they expected to finish top four, or title challenge? Or are they rebuilding and anything would be a success?

4 or 5th would be brilliant - most likely finish 6th or 7th which is where they are at - they still have Spinizolla to come back plus you sense they are about 3 good players short, which I think Jose knows too - this season is about consolidating then next season make the push for top 4 at least - going to be hard competing with the Milan clubs, Napoli, Juve and Atalanta 

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Finishing top four is the goal for Roma, always. Winning the scudetto hasn't been Roma's objective for more than a decade now.

The appointment of Mourinho by Roma was mostly for PR purposes as he's one of the few managers out there with a fanbase. For Mourinho, he thinks that working in a less demanding environment would be beneficial at this stage of his career.