"Calcio!" Serie A (2022/23)

Collage

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I know what you mean but Roma is probably not a less demanding environment pressure wise. The press there are relentless. 

It was the case back in the day when they were in a better shape. They lost to a Norwegian club that I cannot pronounce 6-1 a couple weeks ago and he got away with it. Usually, Roma fans would have rioted and boycott the next game after a defeat like that. Specially, that he also lost the Derby della capitale vs. Lazio earlier in the season as well.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Juventus could be in trouble again, I hope they drag Spurs into this too…

Actually, if Juve are convicted in this case (doubt it), every big European club will be convicted of false accounting as well including and not limited to Manchester City, Tottenham, Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG and more. You can easily pull out 100s of deals in the past few years where big clubs manipulated accounting records for their benefits.

It's all media frenzy in Italy when it's Juventus. Napoli has also been mentioned in several deals including the Osimhen deal but in the headlines only Juve are highlighted.

So far, this season has lived up to expectations. It's been fucking brilliant. Top quality football all round and, have to say, been great to see the likes of Dzeko and Zlatan do well.

It's got everything, Serie A. Emerging talent, nostalgia, decent attacking sides, excitement, and at least a four horse race for the title. Loved every minute of it. Atlanta or Napoli winning it would be the icing on the cake.

• 5 weeks later...