Terry McDermott (now retired)

InspectorCoarse

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Horrific illness :weep: Gutted for him and his family.

He's a legend.

I hope he's got plenty of family around.

This, the man is an absolute NUFC legend and a football one too. 

Edited by HTT II

Awful news. Obviously wish him and his family well.

Was just thinking of him yesterday as it happens.

Football focus were asking for players that had returned to clubs as a success (in light of Lukaku) and my first thoughts were of Terry Mac and Beardsley.

Wonderful player, great of our cub undoubtedly and a nice guy.

Terrible news, an irrepressible presence on the touchline and a great foil for KK.

He'll be a legend here, in fact he already is for me.

There's not many folks you don't even know who make such an impression on you. Aww, really wishing the best for him and his family.

Love Terry,  his contribution to saving our football club and building it to be one of the most exciting clubs in Europe at one point was immense and never truly recognised by the wider footballing world . 

Been encouraging a few people I know to buy his book as a way of supporting him. (There's various retailers have it in Hardback and Paperback so if people don't want to use Amazon I understand.)

Currently on Amazon it's only £1.99 on Kindle so a really reasonable way of supporting him should you wish to do so. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Terry-Mac-Living-Moment-Autobiography-ebook/dp/B06XHNMJQH/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=terry+mac&qid=1630228975&sr=8-1

Edited by Keggy_Keagal
poor phrasing

• 1 year later...

Jumped for a second there - Terry Mac hasn’t been in great health.  Corker of a goal

Incredible figure in our history - the man is a Scouser, a childhood Liverpool fan who played more games for them than us and won pretty much everything it is possible to win there.  Yet if you asked him which club he holds closest to his heart, it’s a dead heat - and possibly even us (he stayed in the NE after his second spell).  Love the bloke. 

12 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I’m still so fucking bummed they both played for Liverpool man. The most detestable club in the league even still to this day. 

Not agreeing or disagreeing with your opinion but it's actually quite remarkable how many individuals we've shared with Liverpool - several of whom are fondly remembered by both. Keegan, McDermott, Beardsley, Dalglish, Rush, Barnes, Hamann, Owen, Carroll, Bellamy, Shelvey, Milner, Enrique, Wijnaldum, Rafa...

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Not agreeing or disagreeing with your opinion but it's actually quite remarkable how many individuals we've shared with Liverpool - several of whom are fondly remembered by both. Keegan, McDermott, Beardsley, Dalglish, Rush, Barnes, Hamann, Owen, Carroll, Bellamy, Shelvey, Milner, Enrique, Wijnaldum, Rafa...

Retract Owen

Vote Barry Venison