Newcastle United 0 - 0 Burnley (3-4 on penalties) 25/08/21

BlueStar

It’s not surprisingly in a way, sadly. 

All of the proper fans and old school lot have been boycotting for years. They’ve just been replaced though with idiots, kids and chavs due to the freebies/cheaper tickets.

Those that care about the club aren’t there anymore. So why be surprised if those who now are, aren’t able to recognise Bruce for what he is?

He’s essentially turned the whole thing into his normal client base at Sports Direct.

Where are the kids coming from though? There's loads of better things to be doing with their time, so I'm assuming they're fans through their parents? Most kids these days would just pick a different team.

A good majority of the crowd against West Ham were old boys - there's hardly any kids there if you watch any footage back.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Where are the kids coming from though? There's loads of better things to be doing with their time, so I'm assuming they're fans through their parents? Most kids these days would just pick a different team.

A good majority of the crowd against West Ham were old boys - there's hardly any kids there if you watch any footage back.

They’ll fall into the ‘idiot’ category then.

14 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Get in. As soon as I seen the doylums in the ground were lapping up Doubtfire I wanted them to win. Fucking helmets. 

If I was ever stupid enough to go to another football match while this fuckwit is in charge it would be to hurl abuse at him, not to ask him to give me a wave. 

As long as we've got idiots like that supporting our club there's no hope. It's honestly astounding how dumb some people are

21 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

It's idiots who never stopped going. I bet it's quite a small percentage who have actually stopped.

Agree. We are definitely the vocal minority, this is why Bruce and his PR agent Luke often sneer at social media critics. They know we aren't the real fans. The ones who sit with a pie and a flask and mostly sit in silence at the ground apart from the odd give us a wave chant. 

My mate is in a situation where his young son, who cares nothing for the politics behind the scenes just wants to go to the match and watch St Maximin skill his way past three players and be there when Willock scores. He's bought two season tickets to spend time with his son. I expect a few are in that position.

Guest HTT II

My mate took his two last night, he’s an Arsenal supporter originally from London, and his son is at the academy, I let him off for that because they wanted to go and they had a class evening. I don’t begrudge parents taking their kids like, most who will be going for the first time.

I think it's better to not go, but tbh I get that many fans do not really view football as something they're really a participant in in that way, and will go regardless. Then there's those for a League Cup game who just want to take their kid. If the NUST was much larger and there was a well organized boycott with lots of buy-in, and there was a sort of picket line established it'd be different, but don't think we're well organized enough to be hating people for scabbing, because it isn't really scabbing (I know noone was using that word, but that's what it's about).

Edited by Inferior Acuña

2 hours ago, TBG said:

I get that, but still don't buy into the notion that going to the football is the only way they can spend time with their kids. 

Or just educate your kids that Ashley and Bruce aren’t worth your support and go and watch some local non-league?

It’s just another excuse trotted out; I hate the wife, I’ve always been, it’s tradition, my mates go, my kids want to go.

i go because my 3 kids are too young to go on their own. they love their club, they love football. they want to follow their local team and not city or chelsea like a few of their friends.

shite football is all they've known.

they know what i think of bruce and ashley - and they agree.

but they want to go and i will continue to take them.

i'm neither a chav nor an idiot.

5 hours ago, TBG said:

I get that, but still don't buy into the notion that going to the football is the only way they can spend time with their kids. 

but if on a matcday your kids beg to go, you take them. we do plenty of other stuff together. going to the match is just another one.