Newcastle United v Southampton 3pm k/o Saturday 28th August SJP

GWN

"Look putting the result aside, it was lovely to see a local lad like myself on the score sheet today. That's what's football is about. So the real winner today was Newcastle and it's people" - Said Bruce following his side's defeat against Southampton

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Think this has to be one of those Brucie-booster games, the ones which pop up every now and then just in time to save his bacon. Either a low scoring draw, or a 1-0 win. 

Yeah the Soton fans seem to think if we throw in a few crosses that we will score. Could be a bit like West Ham game where neither team can defend.

45 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

we have lost big players but kept the ones we wanted and are on the upward trajectory so see positives ahead.

Such as? Not meant as a daft question only would've assumed Ings was the one you'd prefer to lose the least...

16 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Such as? Not meant as a daft question only would've assumed Ings was the one you'd prefer to lose the least...

We’ve kept JWP. We like our midfield. Vesteguard is a giant but can’t turn and run. £30 million for an aging Injury ravaged Ings with one year left let’s us rebuild. Bertrand was coasting last 18months.

Id say Romeu is our most valuable player. If he has a good game we are hard to beat. Him getting injured last season seen us drop from the top to nearly relegated. He knits the whole system together.

Edited by Warriorsaint

Guest neesy111
32 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

We’ve kept JWP. We like our midfield. Vesteguard is a giant but can’t turn and run. £30 million for an aging Injury ravaged Ings with one year left let’s us rebuild. Bertrand was coasting last 18months.

Id say Romeu is our most valuable player. If he has a good game we are hard to beat. Him getting injured last season seen us drop from the top to nearly relegated. He knits the whole system together.

:thup:

This really does show, that fans of other clubs don't know really what is going on in terms of why players are leaving etc.

We get the same about why we do all hate Shelvey.

Tbf (:anguish:) he'll have been asked directly about it I'd imagine so it probably doesn't justify the headline. But still, yeah. Hope Armstrong scores and it's another big W for Agent Rafa in the 'fucking Bruce over' stakes. 

It's funny how Kevin de Bruyne, Mo Salah and Romelu Lukaku weren't deemed good enough for Chelsea as youngsters and that's absolutely fine, apparently, but Newcastle letting Ivan Toney and Adam Armstrong go are the worst decisions in football. 

Don't often hear Thomas Tuchel have a whinge about that. 

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Tbf (:anguish:) he'll have been asked directly about it I'd imagine so it probably doesn't justify the headline. But still, yeah. Hope Armstrong scores and it's another big W for Agent Rafa in the 'fucking Bruce over' stakes. 

Aye from Luke shit house Edwards no doubt.

I'm definitely at the point now of wanting us to lose. I cannot stand that fat cunt if an owner or that fat cunt of a manager.

Thanks for protecting us Premier league. 

It's time to crash and burn. Hope all the "brucey give us a wave" lot hate every second of it the utter mugs.

5 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Tbf, the depression here ranks pretty damn high, I like to jump on the other teams forum b4 the game to get a feel for the fans. Not into the petty rivalry bs.

For perspective Id say we are sailing around in the Doldrums at the mo, only spending what we bring in. Our chairman is an absentee Chinese gangster who we would like rid of but he lets the management team get on with it.

we have a very good management team from top to bottom and it has taken around four transfer windows to rectify Les reeds recruitment folly’s. 

As as a small fish in a big pond we spent out big on colossal failures like Carrillo, Hoedt, Lemina and only now are we getting around to building a squad again.

we have lost big players but kept the ones we wanted and are on the upward trajectory so see positives ahead.

As for you guys, it’s a clusterfuck we see from the outside. Such a shame because I’d say Newcastle are one of the teams most would not begrudge having a bit of glory. I see the best outcome for Newcastle would be the Leicester model. I don’t think any fan would want to become a corporate whore like the ones we can guess. Man City have lost their club so I could see you might be conflicted/ maybe not about the Middle East takeover saga.

Good luck for the game and I hope we smash you!

Sounds like paradise.

33 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I'm definitely at the point now of wanting us to lose. I cannot stand that fat cunt if an owner or that fat cunt of a manager.

It's time to crash and burn. Hope all the "brucey give us a wave" lot hate every second of it the utter mugs.

Kind of my approach to global affairs right now. I'm intrigued to see just how shit things will get before we get a media that reports it with integrity.

Well I wish all those going tomorrow to have a great day out and remember to sing 'Bruce Bruce, give us a wave'.  Meanwhile on the pitch, no one cares what is going on.  Defeat again and Bruce will talk shite......again

People paying to witness/take part in the above man,  insane!

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

Completely agree.

3 hours ago, Awaymag said:

Well I wish all those going tomorrow to have a great day out and remember to sing 'Bruce Bruce, give us a wave'.  Meanwhile on the pitch, no one cares what is going on.  Defeat again and Bruce will talk shite......again

People paying to witness/take part in the above man,  insane!

Should sing "Brucey, Brucey, Give us a twirl"

Mind, he'd probably think we were after the melted bar in his tracky bottoms.

Edited by Happinesstan