Reds vs. Blues 2022 (15/05/2022)

Yorkie

Date for the next match  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Please select all the dates that you are available

• 30th-1st April/May (NUFC vs Liverpool)
    • 7th-8th May (Man City vs NUFC)
    • 14th-15th May (NUFC vs Arsenal on the Sunday)
    • 21st-22nd May (Burnley vs NUFC on the Sunday)

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Anything need doing for this @Yorkie ? I can swing by next week to book pitch etc.

I just had a look this morning actually, still didn't look like you could book that far in advance. 

There's a lot of people who haven't indicated a preference yet but atm we're looking at one pitch. 

Stick a vote down if you're playing, folks. 

Maybe it’s changed since COVID but previously I’ve booked our pitches well in advance. Possibly more flexibility when done in person. Anyway just shout if you need a hand with it when we have final format.

• 2 weeks later...

@neesy111

@Wullie

@Danh1

@Dr.Spaceman

@Super Duper Branko Strupar

@TaylorJ_01

@Slim

@HUGZ

@AyeDubbleYoo

@NEEJ

@SimplyAnth

@Sifu

@LFEE

@Marko NUFC

@Ryan

@MKSC

@Greg

@KDT

@Sho Time

@Jimburst

@Theregulars

@ManDoon

@Minhosa

@Robster

@ponsaelius

@bowlingcrofty

@Heron

@Rocker

We're a month away from this now so we need to get 'er booked. It would be useful to get a clear idea of numbers so I've tagged everyone who indicated some availability for the 30th, either in this or the previous thread, or directly to me over WhatsApp. Apologies if I've missed you off. 

Please either like this post, do a vote above, or just say so regards your definitive availability for the 30th (unforseen change of circumstances before then notwithstanding!) Colin I know you've already confirmed so cheers for that. 

Anyone who hasn't yet indicated but fancies it, you are of course welcome. 

Admins/mods, just gonna sticky for a couple of days if that's areet so we can get sorted. 

What time do we usually book the pitch for @Yorkie

I usually drop my lass of at work around 10am on a Saturday. Could make it to Powerleague in about 20 minutes. If we’re looking at a 10am start, I can drop her off a bit earlier. Shouldn’t be a problem. 

I need to buy some boots, I'm hoping to start playing 5 a side sometime soon, I'm guessing on artificial pitches. What do people recommend in terms of boots these days? Moulded studs, astros? Stuff will have moved on significantly since I last had a pair of boots...

With me not being well right now and being hospitalised at the weekend, I might not make this, but I wanna try so I can’t confirm for definite right now sorry.

2 hours ago, Jimburst said:

I need to buy some boots, I'm hoping to start playing 5 a side sometime soon, I'm guessing on artificial pitches. What do people recommend in terms of boots these days? Moulded studs, astros? Stuff will have moved on significantly since I last had a pair of boots...

Snap, I haven't a clue either.

48 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Snap, I haven't a clue either.

Wouldn’t be a Lockwood Cup without this age old debate 😂 

You should be wearing Astroturf trainers. Not blades. Not mouldies. Not studs. Just trainers for astroturf.

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You should be wearing Astroturf trainers. Not blades. Not mouldies. Not studs. Just trainers for astroturf.

I couldn't remember what the surface was made of, to be honest.

Guest neesy111
28 minutes ago, LFEE said:

This.

1 hour ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Up there with one of the better excuses I've heard.

Trust me I wanna retain our Lockwood cup, but I’ve passed out twice now and been hospitalised twice now in the space of a few weeks and it was extra scary at the weekend as I was on the way to take my boy to his match and turned back around after about ten mins back home, luckily my brother was in the car with me and took him to his, I got into the house and then passed out. I’m just so thankful he didn’t have to see it and my brother being a grass that he is called an ambulance. Still don’t know what the fuck is going on, another doctors appointment Thursday so gonna try and demand more answers without wanting to be a dick to our amazing NHS/health professionals but it’s not normal to suddenly being dizzy/feint/black outs and passing out. And I still have a tight chest, but they adamant it’s not a heart attack/or that I’ve had one. If I don’t play I’ll be there supporting. And again the staff at the RVI were amazing and I feel so sorry for them, Covid is real, again, people were being turned away because they are understaffed, don’t have rooms, beds, even car park space for ambulances. I’ve been told not to drive, not to work, rest, cut down my drinking which I’ve been doing for past 2 weeks massively and I’m trying to eat as healthy as possible so no of my super pizzas. 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

I recommend wearing boots that don’t break metatarsals… 

@HTT II I hope you get yourself feeling fit ASAP and though it wouldn't be the same without you and you'll be missed, your health is obviously absolutely paramount!

If it's any consolation there's nowt for anyone to retain cos the teams WILL be getting a shake-up! 

The vote currently is for three teams so that's what we'll be going with assuming nowt changes there (six 15-minute matches is what I'm picturing, with everyone playing each other twice, but open to alternatives).