Reds vs. Blues 2022 (15/05/2022)

Yorkie

Date for the next match  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Please select all the dates that you are available

• 30th-1st April/May (NUFC vs Liverpool)
    • 7th-8th May (Man City vs NUFC)
    • 14th-15th May (NUFC vs Arsenal on the Sunday)
    • 21st-22nd May (Burnley vs NUFC on the Sunday)

On 04/10/2021 at 16:33, Yorkie said:

I like that idea Neesy but also very dubious that even a quarter of folks would actually do it. :lol: I think we've got a good idea of who the better players are. 

When you're assessing player quality just remember I'm old, have shit knees, am overweight, and my style of play is far more suited to 11-a-side football where I can hide my deficiencies with long range sprayed passes and a dominant aerial performance.

On 05/10/2021 at 13:42, TaylorJ_01 said:

HTT it'd be great to see you. This is, hopefully, going to be a bit more regular than the past couple years have permitted. So don't feel FOMO for missing out, health comes first.

Definitely come along though. You can sit in the stands like a new signing watching his next team. Though instead of a hot new signing it'll be a mad pest.

I've 100% got to make the effort to make the next one (now I've started playing again so I know I'm not going to embarrass myself). I owe @Fantail Breeze a pint so need to get him there too :lol:

Guest neesy111
42 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I played 5 aside this week and I could walk the next day. Last week it took nearly 5 days. 

Progress :lol:

Warm down is key to recovering the next day.

Edited by neesy111

Definites (28)

@Yorkie

@LFEE

@Marko NUFC

Marko +1

@Robster

@Rocker

@neesy111

@Dr.Spaceman

@Sifu

@SimplyAnth

@Slim

@MKSC

@Sho Time

@Ryan

@TaylorJ_01

@NEEJ

@ponsaelius

@Heron

@KDT

@Super Duper Branko Strupar

@Danh1

@AyeDubbleYoo

@HUGZ

@Wullie

@Jimburst

@HTT IIX

Stifler

Stifler +1

Mandoon

Maybes/Uncertain

@OCK

@Anderson

@StiflerX

@The ProphetX

@GregX

@Minhosa

@Theregulars

@ManDoonX

As you can see, we've got shitloads of people who are up for playing this time. Neesy is right that we need to get cracking on sorting the teams. 

Please state now if you're no longer playing or can be moved from 'Maybe' to 'Definite'. 

We have one pitch booked between 10am and 12pm on Saturday 30th. The plan at present is to have a baseline of three teams of 7, but I think the maximum number of players - for that to work well - would be 27 (three 'squads' of nine). If all 35 people named above are coming, we'll have to increase to four teams. 

So please respond ASAP if the above lists do not accurately reflect your status. If the lists above do accurately reflect your status, feel free to say nowt or just like this post or whatever. Then we can crack on with the teams. 

I currently don't have any footwear to play.

Could anybody recommend any footy trainers (suitable for astro and harder surfaces) that are wide enough for a flat-footed gimp like myself to be able to fit my insoles inside? I can't play without them as it utterly fucks my knee. But every pair of footy boots/trainers I've tried have been unworkable because they're just too tight/narrow/shallow. Was getting away with a pair of old trainers for a while but they've fallen apart.

Edited by ponsaelius

Guest neesy111
47 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Could anybody recommend any footy trainers (suitable for astro and harder surfaces) that are wide enough for a flat-footed gimp like myself to be able to fit my insoles inside? I can't play without them as it utterly fucks my knee. But every pair of footy boots/trainers I've tried have been unworkable because they're just too tight/narrow/shallow. Was getting away with a pair of old trainers for a while but they've fallen apart.

Hard question that.  @LFEE any ideas?

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

I usually find Nike wider than Adidas. Only two brands I wear. Now Ashley has gone you don’t even need to boycott Sports Direct any longer 🙂 

Although you could still boycott them on the grounds that he always will be a massive piece of shit.

3 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I have Adidas Salas that I find canny wide. Might be worth a look.