Reds vs. Blues 2022 (15/05/2022)

Yorkie

Date for the next match  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Please select all the dates that you are available

• 30th-1st April/May (NUFC vs Liverpool)
    • 7th-8th May (Man City vs NUFC)
    • 14th-15th May (NUFC vs Arsenal on the Sunday)
    • 21st-22nd May (Burnley vs NUFC on the Sunday)

Not really worried about goalies if it's 5aside; I'm sure we'd have enough who would be happy to rotate for a stint, and if Sifu, Greg and CatsPiss all play then that's three straight off the bat (though they might want a go outfield which is obviously fine too). I used to play in goal for my 5aside team and I'm having knee surgery in November so make that four potentials. 

I think we need to get this booked now. The vote is for 4 teams and 2 pitches (ideally next to each other if course); I think it's likely we'll have approximately 24 people which should work fine as it enables each team to have a sub. So @LFEEunless you think there's any reason not to proceed, let's get 'er booked. Happy to do it myself over the phone/online, equally happy to let you proceed if you want to go in. Also what's the view on my suggestion re team selections? 

5s is what I'm envisaging for two pitches, yeah, but I can't stress how keen I am for people's preferences to be accommodated as best as possible. :lol: As long as we have a bloody lovely day, get some old faces back, get some new faces in, freshen the teams up - it's all absolutely gravy.

The winning vote is currently for two pitches (meaning 5aside, but apologies for that not being clear in the poll). If anyone feels strongly that this might not be the way to go, let's discuss that but soon so we can it booked in. :thup:

I prefer 7’s as well but happy either way. 

Not sure how 7’s would work if we’ve got 23/24 people. Too many subs for 1 game and not enough people for 2 games. 

Edited by Ryan

We could have one pitch and three teams of 7, each with a sub. Would mean that one team is always off but we could do this:

10:00

A v B

10:20

A v C

10:40

B v C

11:00

A v B

11:20

A v C

11:40

B v C

(or 15 minute games to give some wiggle room) 

Booking one pitch also means if we have a dropout exodus we can default to the usual two team spectacle. 

2 hours ago, Wullie said:

Don't worry @LFEE I've got my 2 shillings and sixpence all ready.

They probably still wouldn’t precede the age of that fiver you fobbed off on me last time. Still waiting for it to clear my account 😂 

Edited by LFEE

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

We could have one pitch and three teams of 7, each with a sub. Would mean that one team is always off but we could do this:

10:00

A v B

10:20

A v C

10:40

B v C

11:00

A v B

11:20

A v C

11:40

B v C

(or 15 minute games to give some wiggle room) 

Booking one pitch also means if we have a dropout exodus we can default to the usual two team spectacle. 

I like this.  

On 28/09/2021 at 13:55, Yorkie said:

@Anderson

@OCK

Just seen you chaps have done votes on this poll. Are you wanting to play and if so are you okay for the 30th?

Also realised I missed @Stifler off the last bunch of tags. 

Forgot about this, very much a maybe at the moment, but feel like after 12 years on here I should probably finally turn up to one of these!

18 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Be good to get a few more takes on this soon if we can. 

My strong preference is one pitch as I’ve always felt the day is about more than just the football and it would give a chance for those not out on the afternoon for drinks and evening for meal a chance to have a bit of a natter.

In the past I’ve always preferred 7’s but looking at the possible numbers it might be more competitive with 4 teams of 5 and have slightly shorter but more games to allow the subs each team have more pitch time.

So in short my preference is ONE PITCH >

Other than that not as bothered but maybe 4x5’s > 3x7’s

@Slim @Yorkie who’s chasing up numbers for Saturday meal? Guessing Slim as Yorkie has enough on his plate and can’t stay the full Saturday.

Im arranging a get together for the Friday evening for anyone wanting to eat and a few drinks with The Clique 🙂

Likely to be either around the cheap bars of Newcastle and Chilli Padi or along Low Fell. If you haven’t got me on Facebook or WhatsApp to contact me to confirm feel free to PM but try not to leave it till the last minute so I can book tables 🙂

45 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Good point about the nattering, I've an awful lot to say. Let's go 3x7, there's a better space at the side of the pitch too. 

@LFEE are you booking it or am I?

Happy with those plans for the Friday. :thup:

I’ll pop in today and get pitch sorted. We thinking 7’s for 1x2hrs? 10-12 @Yorkie as don’t think 30min increments are an option.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

My strong preference is one pitch as I’ve always felt the day is about more than just the football and it would give a chance for those not out on the afternoon for drinks and evening for meal a chance to have a bit of a natter.

In the past I’ve always preferred 7’s but looking at the possible numbers it might be more competitive with 4 teams of 5 and have slightly shorter but more games to allow the subs each team have more pitch time.

So in short my preference is ONE PITCH >

Other than that not as bothered but maybe 4x5’s > 3x7’s

@Slim @Yorkie who’s chasing up numbers for Saturday meal? Guessing Slim as Yorkie has enough on his plate and can’t stay the full Saturday.

Im arranging a get together for the Friday evening for anyone wanting to eat and a few drinks with The Clique 🙂

Likely to be either around the cheap bars of Newcastle and Chilli Padi or along Low Fell. If you haven’t got me on Facebook or WhatsApp to contact me to confirm feel free to PM but try not to leave it till the last minute so I can book tables 🙂

Nice pun there