Reds vs. Blues 2022 (15/05/2022)

Yorkie

Date for the next match  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Please select all the dates that you are available

• 30th-1st April/May (NUFC vs Liverpool)
    • 7th-8th May (Man City vs NUFC)
    • 14th-15th May (NUFC vs Arsenal on the Sunday)
    • 21st-22nd May (Burnley vs NUFC on the Sunday)

It really was brilliant today, like. The games were all competitive and literally everyone played really well - wasn't a single weak performance on the park. It was so fantastic to see so many people, including some we've not seen for years and some newbies altogether. Amazing having @Marko NUFC and Petar over from Croatia - what an absolute delight those lads are; really enjoyed your company, chaps.

Next one April/May I reckon! :thup:

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

It really was brilliant today, like. The games were all competitive and literally everyone played really well - wasn't a single weak performance on the park. It was so fantastic to see so many people, including some we've not seen for years and some newbies altogether. Amazing having @Marko NUFC and Petar over from Croatia - what an absolute delight those lads are; really enjoyed your company, chaps.

Next one April/May I reckon! :thup:

Marko suggested a Croatian venue for the next one, like. 🇭🇷 

3 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Marko suggested a Croatian venue for the next one, like. 🇭🇷 

Haha, I confirm. Next year you will have whites, blacks, blues and Croats 😁

@Yorkieit was a pleasure today and thank you for welcoming us! Hope next year in Zagreb!

Edited by Marko NUFC

Us Blacks laid down a marker in that first game but the Whites almost caused a huge upset at the end with a real strong performance. 

It was good to see some familiar faces and meet the new guys as well. I hope you've all had a cracking night on the town. 

@Heronfair play for that nutmeg in the first game, like. I was all set on some immediate retribution until I noticed you weren't in shinnies. A huge shame. 

Spoiler

:rose:

5 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Whites almost caused a huge upset at the end with a real strong performance

:lol: patronising wee shite

Jk, we started stronger but Blacks grew into it. Draw a fair result despite the fortuitous pen. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

:lol: patronising wee shite

Jk, we started stronger but Blacks grew into it. Draw a fair result despite the fortuitous pen. 

You whites should be ashamed of yourselves. Taking advantage of poor Petar's lack of knowledge about our barbaric five-a-side style laws of the game. ;)

I think the draw was fair in the end, but if Ryan had scored that rabona in full flight the match should've ended right there and the trophy would've been his for life. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

If I'm remembering correctly, just for posterity:

Blacks 6-4 Blues

Blues 8-5 Whites

Blacks 3-3 Whites

1. Blacks - 4pts - +2

2. Blues - 3pts - +1

3. Whites - 1pt - -3

The 1st game was 6-5 to the Black team I believe.

9 hours ago, NEEJ said:

Us Blacks laid down a marker in that first game but the Whites almost caused a huge upset at the end with a real strong performance. 

It was good to see some familiar faces and meet the new guys as well. I hope you've all had a cracking night on the town. 

@Heronfair play for that nutmeg in the first game, like. I was all set on some immediate retribution until I noticed you weren't in shinnies. A huge shame. 

Hide contents

:rose:

:lol: I got megged about 6 times in that first game. 

Was great yesterday, even though I’m full of cowld the day which I assume is off the downpour. All games were close and the standard was high. Congrats to the Blacks.

I know it’s easier said than done and really difficult for those who live outside of the area (even outside the country) but it would be great if we could get a game going in the Spring time too.

8 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Was great yesterday, even though I’m full of cowld the day which I assume is off the downpour. All games were close and the standard was high. Congrats to the Blacks.

I know it’s easier said than done and really difficult for those who live outside of the area (even outside the country) but it would be great if we could get a game going in the Spring time too.

I'm sure there'll be no bother going back to twice-yearly. It was only cos of rona last year. I'll stick something in me diary for late Feb in terms of getting the conversation going again. 

Well played again btw - kept us in it at one critical point where the Blacks had a lot of pressure on us. 

I can't remember the last time I played in weather like that. Clothes absolutely stuck to me. 

My hideous bloodied side compared to the size of the wound is absolutely hilarious btw. Honestly it's no bigger than the size of pen nib. 

37 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm sure there'll be no bother going back to twice-yearly. It was only cos of rona last year. I'll stick something in me diary for late Feb in terms of getting the conversation going again. 

Well played again btw - kept us in it at one critical point where the Blacks had a lot of pressure on us. 

I can't remember the last time I played in weather like that. Clothes absolutely stuck to me. 

My hideous bloodied side compared to the size of the wound is absolutely hilarious btw. Honestly it's no bigger than the size of pen nib. 

That’s good to hear! Thanks again for organising it!

And thank you - I was poor first game so glad I was able to contribute positively. :lol:

Thought everyone in the whites done well tbf, we were spot on in the last game against the Blacks!

The decision on Petar was admittedly harsh but I maintain I was completely free in front of goal if the ball had came through. If there had been no chance of a goalscoring opportunity I don't think we'd have pursued it so vigorously. 

19 hours ago, Stifler said:

Good to play a game with you all again, even though I was beyond shite. I’ll try and get some practice in for next time.

Good to meet some familiar faces, and new ones.

Thanks for organising it @LFEE @Yorkie

Aye, cheers chaps! 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Blacks should've managed their maverick better. My conscience is clear. 

@MKSC's decision to put it as close to @Sifu as possible was an interesting gamble like. 

Sifu had made some great stops in that final game, too.