Reds vs. Blues 2022 (15/05/2022)

Yorkie

Date for the next match  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Please select all the dates that you are available

• 30th-1st April/May (NUFC vs Liverpool)
    • 7th-8th May (Man City vs NUFC)
    • 14th-15th May (NUFC vs Arsenal on the Sunday)
    • 21st-22nd May (Burnley vs NUFC on the Sunday)

Thanks to everyone for their interest and enthusiasm for this year's match. We managed to get to more than 24 votes for the 30th so I think we can safely lock that date in, and feel free to start making arrangements. 

If numbers fall and we end up with the usual 16 or so attendees then the sensible thing to do is revert to the usual two teams versus, but if there's loads of us I think some kind of tournament is the best thing to do. Entirely open to ideas though. 

If folks could indicate what they think would be the best way to do it this time, that would be great, as it will enable us to get the right pitch booked (though I dare say they'd be flexible and if we need to change it, they'll probably let us). 

Incidentally for anyone who hasn't yet indicated that they'd like to join in, it's certainly not too late, just shout up. 

Venue almost certainly Dunston Powerleague. 

Ins and Maybes

@Yorkie

@neesy111

@Danh1

@Dr.Spaceman

@Stifler

@Super Duper Branko Strupar

@TaylorJ_01

@Slim

@HUGZ

@AyeDubbleYoo

@NEEJ

@Sifu

@SimplyAnth

@LFEE

@Ryan

@Marko NUFC

@MKSC

@HTT II

@Greg

@KDT

@Sho Time

@Jimburst

@Theregulars

@ManDoon

@Robster

@Wullie

@Minhosa

I might potentially do that as well cos I sadly won't be able to stay in Newcastle into Saturday evening. 

Gonna unsticky this thing today so be good if others could do some votes before it inevitably drops off the front page in the intervening period. 

Guest neesy111
17 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

I'll probably head up down on the Friday night if anyone fancies a quiet pint. Nowt big mind, don't want to affect Saturday's performance.

Should be fine for this.

Just now, TaylorJ_01 said:

Ah that's a shame, nothing you can sneakily get out of??

Yeah it's a bit of a bugger, but no, there'll be no sneaking. Will probably have to head at 5ish so will be around for plenty post-match bants. 

43 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Nice one! Be good to see you again.

@Neil

@The Prophet

where you at

I'll have to get back to you on this. I'm getting married shortly after that date and I would need to travel up from the South East. Hopefully I'll make it, but I don't want to bollocks the numbers when its unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MKSC said:

I'm confirmed for this now. All booked up. I'll be able to be be in town by about 7 on the Friday I'd imagine.

Fantastic, will see you then. Looks like there'll probably be a few of us about on the evening before. :thup:

Guest neesy111
12 hours ago, MKSC said:

I'm confirmed for this now. All booked up. I'll be able to be be in town by about 7 on the Friday I'd imagine.

Great stuff.