Newcastle United 2-2 Southampton - 28/08/21 - Post match giz a wave from p. 12

Disco

I remember a time when Lascelles was being linked with the higher up clubs, and there was a case being made for him to get a chance for England.

In fact, there was even a debate amongst us at the time that he was a better player than Harry Maguire.. we played Leicester, Maguire scored and bossed the defence all game.

Thats literally the point for me when his decline began. He knew he’d never get to the top level and began coasting it.

Again, Sean Longstaff being tipped by everyone to hit the top and we played West Ham, Rice stole the show as far as those two were concerned, Longstaff went off injured. Never quite the same from that point.

We have a core in the team of “almost but not quite” types in the side. They’ve settled for less for themselves and you can see that on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

I remember a time when Lascelles was being linked with the higher up clubs, and there was a case being made for him to get a chance for England.

In fact, there was even a debate amongst us at the time that he was a better player than Harry Maguire.. we played Leicester, Maguire scored and bossed the defence all game.

Thats literally the point for me when his decline began. He knew he’d never get to the top level and began coasting it.

Again, Sean Longstaff being tipped by everyone to hit the top and we played West Ham, Rice stole the show as far as those two were concerned, Longstaff went off injured. Never quite the same from that point.

We have a core in the team of “almost but not quite” types in the side. They’ve settled for less for themselves and you can see that on the pitch.

TL;DR: They were both promising players under Rafa then Bruce took over.

I'd agree with that. Shows what a manager can do for players, which confuses me even more as the value for them will absolutely tank, which in turn will make Ashley less profit. This makes no sense to me and I've given up trying to work him out.

13 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

I was at the match today (dad's season ticket was going spare as he's off to see Olly Murs for some reason) and I felt masochistic. Absolutely rotten performance and I was stunned to hear several "we want Bruce out" chants and boos whenever the ball went near him. Unfortunately it was from a minority of the crowd and most people just seemed happy to lap this shite up. 

:lol: Poor decisions all round in the Ferreyra household.

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

We play such bad football. Considering half the pundit world bitched and moaned about how defensive Rafa played  where are they now? Oh wait we can't even actually defend anyway...

They don't care about us playing defensively as long as we do it badly and concede. What bothered them was that we did it well and prevented them from jizzing over their darling 'big clubs'. 

3 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

My dad's never ever mentioned liking Olly Murs before. I can only assume he's going for his missus. Either that or he's sick of Bruceball already. 

I'm with Fantail, he's absolutely made the right decision, and I barely even know who Olly Murs is :lol:

"The most important thing was we passed the ball to each other better, and maybe did enough to win the match."

How do his media chums not even question him on this kind of shit, hes definately had another game on his phone on skygo.

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Numbers said:

What? the VAR decision that was 100% accurate?

Their headline is: VAR the star again.

Just seen there was 44k there today. When the novelty of being able to go to games after lockdown etc wears off and we are continuing to lose games it’ll be interesting to see what the crowds are….

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Just seen there was 44k there today. When the novelty of being able to go to games after lockdown etc wears off and we are continuing to lose games it’ll be interesting to see what the crowds are….

Ashley will offer out free tickets again. Just watch. 

"After watching it (the tackle that led to the penalty)back, I think it is the right decision but it was a charade for VAR to give it. In my opinion this needs to be addressed

"We did turn it around. We didn't play anywhere near good enough in the first half. Second half we showed much better to get on the ball to have the courage to go forward and play forward. It was much better second half. 

"In my opinion we have taken the lead twice and deserved to go on and win it. We've now given three penalties away and it's cost us badly. 

"You are always at your most vulnerable when you score. We have scored with two or three minutes to play and haven't seen it through. That's disappointing - of course it is - but the decision has gone against us. We just have to take it and stop making these decisions that give penalties away.

What actual planet is this Leviathan of long ball football from ? 

where the fuck was miggy meant to be playing today?

and fuck me, some of the diving/collapsing by ASM and Miggy today was fucking embarrassing.

Edited by huss9

honestly think we're gonna run out of luck this season.

relegated.

no sale.

and i dont think ashley will fund a promotion charge.

think he'll make as much as he can from player sales, get his loans repaid from the parachute payments  and let the club rot and plummet down the league. 

if he then manages to flog it even for £50m he wont have done too badly out of it.