Newcastle United 2-2 Southampton - 28/08/21 - Post match giz a wave from p. 12

Disco

We remind us of the mackems the last few seasons they were in the PL - scraping safety year after year, and thinking we have a decent team. 

Our players are championship level with maybes 3 or 4 worthy PL players in the squad, and a career championship manager. 

I have no idea how we are getting more than 20k at matches. We've been rank for years and every one knows we are aiming for 17th. This is Bruce's 3rd season in charge, and yesterday was his 40th home PL Match - in that time we've won at home 12 times.  

We deserve to go down, 100%

Edited by Karjala

Knocking off 2000 for the away fans it’s mad that we’re already 6000 down on the first game. Would love to hear the rationale for said individuals as it makes little sense to me. Much like the Arsenal game a couple of seasons ago do people make the first game of the season a thing? 

8 hours ago, Karjala said:

We remind us of the mackems the last few seasons they were in the PL - scraping safety year after year, and thinking we have a decent team. 

Our players are championship level with maybes 3 or 4 worthy PL players in the squad, and a career championship manager. 

I have no idea how we are getting more than 20k at matches. We've been rank for years and every one knows we are aiming for 17th. This is Bruce's 3rd season in charge, and yesterday was his 40th home PL Match - in that time we've won at home 12 times.  

We deserve to go down, 100%

Because for most there is very little time or effort required to attend the game, its the main pro of a city centre stadium. If we had an out of city stadium or even just where SJH wanted to rebuild there would be 10s of thousands less attending. Its so easy to have a few pints before and after and just treat the game as a mid session break

3 games in and we’ve seen we’ll get no favours from VAR or anything that’s going to any sort of review. Twin with a woeful manager, a pretty threadbare squad and a toxic atmosphere. I honestly think this will be the year that sees us down. And we won’t recover.

29 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

3 games in and we’ve seen we’ll get no favours from VAR or anything that’s going to any sort of review. Twin with a woeful manager, a pretty threadbare squad and a toxic atmosphere. I honestly think this will be the year that sees us down. And we won’t recover.

and I couldn't give a shit - I would never have said that 15 years ago but well....you know!

27 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

This year is a perfect storm for relegation...

Pissed the league off so there'll be no favours from officials

Hated manager

Poor players in key positions

Relying on loans (if we can afford them)

It's like 'Makems 2'....just when you thought it was safe things get Brucey

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Knocking off 2000 for the away fans it’s mad that we’re already 6000 down on the first game. Would love to hear the rationale for said individuals as it makes little sense to me. Much like the Arsenal game a couple of seasons ago do people make the first game of the season a thing? 

No one wants to pay good money to watch garbage. How many games in the last few years have been enjoyable? I know I can think of better things to do on a weekend than watch boring football with no end in mind other than avoiding the drop. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

No one wants to pay good money to watch garbage. How many games in the last few years have been enjoyable? I know I can think of better things to do on a weekend than watch boring football with no end in mind other than avoiding the drop. 

Why go to the first game then? 

Was in the Black Garter whilst this was on. Its surprisingly easy to just totally switch off on match days now. Obviously I seen the scores coming through but not watching at all is definitely the way forward. Absolutely pointless following this club under Ashley.

I'll be back when we have new owners, whatever league we're in.

44 minutes ago, Disco said:

Why go to the first game then? 

Beats me. Why do some fans still jump to Bruce's defence? I think fans are delusional enough to think Bruce is a nice fella, a good sort and one of our own and are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, just like many local journalists are. But maybe by the third or fourth match of the season when you are watching another dire performance, the penny starts to drop. 

Guest neesy111
10 hours ago, geordie_b said:

Because for most there is very little time or effort required to attend the game, its the main pro of a city centre stadium. If we had an out of city stadium or even just where SJH wanted to rebuild there would be 10s of thousands less attending. Its so easy to have a few pints before and after and just treat the game as a mid session break

Spot on this 

11 hours ago, geordie_b said:

So why did the attendance go down after the first game? 

11 hours ago, joeyt said:

Think we'll be fine if ASM and Wilson stay fit for the majority of the season. Plenty of dross in the league

Loving the positive thoughts. Hope you are right. Let’s enjoy the International break and we go again.