Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 11/09/21 @ 15:00

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

No. They're smart, as they know they'd have to deal with incredibly childish people if Clattenburg was to make a genuine mistake in favour of Newcastle.

Easy to say refs are unbiased when your own team has benefited more from dubious and 50/50 decisions for 30 odd years.

We alone could probably have a top 20 of subject decisions against us when playing Man Utd....let alone the rest of the teams in the league.

Rob Lee through on goal...hacked down. Clear red for Solskjaer, but nooooo

Edited by gjohnson
clarity

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Easy to say refs are unbiased when your own team has benefited more from dubious and 50/50 decisions for 30 odd years

More that when decisions went against us over the last 30 years we ended up winning most of the games anyway so they were swept under the carpet. We have literally lost titles due to refereeing decisions going against us (e.g. Drogba's offside goal when Chelsea beat us 2-1 and we lost the title by a point). It is nothing but confirmation bias in my opinion. 

I would love if there was a resource for dodgy decisions though.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

More that when decisions went against us over the last 30 years we ended up winning most of the games anyway so they were swept under the carpet. We have literally lost titles due to refereeing decisions going against us (e.g. Drogba's offside goal when Chelsea beat us 2-1 and we lost the title by a point). It is nothing but confirmation bias in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I'm sure there is somewhere where Sky or some other site review obviously suspect decisions and re-calculate the tables. 

Needless to say the top 4 (not 6) have a tendency to lose a fair few points. Doesn't usually change the order of the table much though but on occasion could easily have made a difference between 1st and 2nd, or Cup Winners and Runners up.

Regardless, there's no way that there isn't even a subliminal bias towards the teams that the PL want up at the top. Perhaps a lot more subtle that when Juventus/Milan/Inter were basically allowed to choose their referees and instruct them to help (didn't Moggi once lock a referee in his office until he agreed to favour Juventus?) , but there's certainly an undercurrent there.

4 minutes ago, danny said:

I know i thought that after typing, prob ment match fitness. Anyhow i saw it on fb and twitter so prob bollox

I've heard it a lot myself but haven't been able to find anything concrete. If he is able to play he's going to start. I'll eat my hat if he's on the bench.

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I mean Juve literally got titles taken off them for cherry picking refs, favorable decisions. So i don't think it's beyond the realms of possibilty it would happen here. I imagine there has been a study on it somewhere, If not the some uni should fund me 40k a year and I'll do it

Have found this one:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news/premier-league-referees-do-officials-favour-big-clubs-such/wx6k4t7nyfl21e4dxpnk6y0it

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I've heard it a lot myself but haven't been able to find anything concrete. If he is able to play he's going to start. I'll eat my hat if he's on the bench.

It just stuff like this :-

37 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Would Cavani not start seeing as yous made him stay and not go away with Uruguay, and he's had two weeks solid training? I'd just assumed he would and Ronaldo will come off the bench to a massive reception early second half. 

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

Would Cavani not start seeing as yous made him stay and not go away with Uruguay, and he's had two weeks solid training? I'd just assumed he would and Ronaldo will come off the bench to a massive reception early second half. 

That's how I would do it, but it's Ronaldo. If he is ready to play he will want to play. Ole has already said about how it's impossible to have him on the bench.

53 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Oh ffs Ronaldo better be playing as I have just put him in my fantasy football team and triple captained him for saturday :lol: not that I want us to get beat or owt. 

That’s why you should wait over international windows 

WTF are they doing training today the games not till Saturday, I'm sure a slap up breakfast and 10 press ups on Friday morning will be enough, probably chuck in a few star jumps for the non international lads.