Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 11/09/21 @ 15:00

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Quite excited for this match but for all the wrong reasons. Hope. It's 6-0 with Cronaldo getting at least 3. Let's make it a day to remember.

I just can't get my head around wanting Man U and especially Ronaldo to do well here. It's what our pathetic excuse of a manager wants for a start, so that alone should make you want us to do something. And as for Ronaldo, sod that tax dodging rapist scum, can't be fucked with the media celebrating his comeback against us for the next 10 years. 

22 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Might work. Would probably go 4-2-3-1 though, think that suits our player pool best, both with who's available atm and the squad as a whole. Even just 5-4-1 would make us more solid defensively, it's what we played in 19-20 when we were still fairly solid defensively; our wing backs don't get outnumbered and there's an out ball. Assuming players are in their right positions of course. :lol:

the problem with the 5-4-1 is that it will be even worse than the 5-3-2 because our focal point striker will be completely unable to hold the ball. It’ll be isolated madness. 

If it’s 4-2-3-1 then I’m good with that too. Hayden and Longstaff in the 2. Willock as the 10. Maxi and Almiron wide. Joelinton up top. It’s not great but it’s better. I guess with that 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 diamond you’d have the same players out there and be able to adjust. 

Yeah we can't go 5-4-1 especially if that 1 is Joelinton, he's proven when on his own that nothing happens. Completely isolated as Kanji mentioned. Explains the insistence on having 2 even if the other pairing is Saint who isn't a natural forward but rather a winger. Confuses me why Bruce wants a 5-3-2 when we have wingers and non-natural wingbacks? Just play to our strengths!

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Anyway I’m expecting a complete lay down job by our players today. 

Totally agree, I think we'll have a flat back five from the get go and look to frustrate them, there won't be any counter attacking game plan other than give it to ASM, all Man U need to do is clatter him early doors and our minimal attacking threat is nullified. 

Discussing possible formations and tactics and their advantages is a complete waste of time. We all know that however we set up in the first few minutes we'll quickly drop back and it'll be backs to the wall for 90 mins with the odd break, shot from distance and maybe a corner and that's about it. It'll be zero ambition, men behind the ball, 3rd round of the Cup, timewasting exercise. Expecting a very comfortable home win but an early goal and it could easily get very messy very quickly, wouldn't rule out 6, 7 or 8 if they're in the mood. 

Guest neesy111
10 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

They're here 

Why are people looking to see the coaches like that ffs.  Get out and do something productive.

The sad thing about today is, if we do the impossible and win, I won't even be bothered, it looks like I'm in the Pardew zone where for the long term well being of the club its best if the current manager wasn't there.

If you've seen the crowd for Ronaldo that's another thing, but it is a world superstar and maybe the greatest ever compared to a man who has never won at Old Trafford... "As a manager, Bruce has famously struggled against his former side. In fact, he only has one win to his name against the Reds in 25 attempts across all competitions." "Aside from that, Bruce has taken points off us on just five other occasions, only one of which came at Old Trafford – a 2-2 draw with Sunderland in October 2009, when United only salvaged a draw thanks to Anton Ferdinand’s late own goal." (1 point in 12 meetings, out of a total 36) 

Edited by nbthree3