Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 11/09/21 @ 15:00

1 hour ago, Ben said:

While that is funny it also shows where Newcastle United are these days and have been for most of ashley's regime.

We are just cannon fodder.

The sooner we go down and stay down the better.

When ashley is gone the matches between Newcastle and Sunderland will once again be the highlight of the season, I'd gladly take that over the non event that is NUFC right now..we might even win one !

8 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

While that is funny it also shows where Newcastle United are these days and have been for most of ashley's regime.

When ashley is gone the matches between Newcastle and Sunderland will once again be the highlight of the season, I'd gladly take that over the non event that is NUFC right now..we might even win one !

The fact that it isn't even televised - Ronaldo or no Ronaldo - is another indicator. Swear this has always been a guaranteed TV game. 

13 minutes ago, James said:

Don’t have much hope for this game, my only hope is that someone, hopefully Matt Ritchie will make Ronaldo cry

Well he makes me cry every time I watch him… I think Ronaldo will be crying with laughter though!

10 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

I don't think I'd even care about the derby with the club in its current state.

11 hours ago, Yorkie said:

The fact that it isn't even televised - Ronaldo or no Ronaldo - is another indicator. Swear this has always been a guaranteed TV game. 

We seem to be getting a lot more traditional 3pm Sat starts this season, seems the tv people are finally cottoning on that we are an awful side to watch. But that will be Rafa's fault of course, our players still haven't got the tactical brainwashing out of their system. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

My main interest in this game aside from hoping we get smashed is trying to find out if Ronaldo is starting for my fantasy team 😂

I've had the worst three weeks in FF ever so I've fully rolled the dice and triple captained him :lol: a hail mary four games into the season! Guaranteed not to start now hahaha

Play a 4-4-2 diamond imo. 

ASM and Joelinton wide strikers. Almiron as the #10. Willock, Longstaff as CM, and Hayden if fit at DM. Manquillo and Lewis fullbacks. Fede/Lascelles and Schar. 

35 minutes ago, Kanji said:

ASM and Joelinton wide strikers. Almiron as the #10. Willock, Longstaff as CM, and Hayden if fit at DM. Manquillo and Lewis fullbacks. Fede/Lascelles and Schar. 

Might work. Would probably go 4-2-3-1 though, think that suits our player pool best, both with who's available atm and the squad as a whole. Even just 5-4-1 would make us more solid defensively, it's what we played in 19-20 when we were still fairly solid defensively; our wing backs don't get outnumbered and there's an out ball. Assuming players are in their right positions of course. :lol:

I would play Lewis for this game so we can get some sort of pace at the back at least. We are going to lose anyway so we may as well give Bruce someone to pin the blame on because he sure as shit wouldn’t call out Richie or Shelvey

52 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Almiron is banned isn't he?