Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 11/09/21 @ 15:00

29 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

That's fair but I think I'll agree to disagree with you on this. :lol: The way the club is run and the manager both deserve relegation for sure but for me, and this where we differ, this still is Newcastle United to me. It's still my club, its shit, to quote Keegan literally anyone else could run it better, but it still is and because I personally don't believe the fanbase can ever get together effectively in relation to protesting/boycotting I'm just trying to make the most of the shite husk that it is. 

Mate, I don’t disagree with you and I wish I shared what you do RE all of this, but I have so much unhealthy hate for it all right now… I do believe one day though, as KK said, we will get our club back. Me I don’t care if my NUFC is non league or CL, I just want my club back, if it takes a drop down a few levels, so be it. 

4 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Saint-Maximin won't fancy this one with our other forward players missing. Fully expecting him to have some form of injury before the weekend too. Would also be a giggle to go into this with no attack.

When does ASM  not fancy it?

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

When does ASM  not fancy it?

No fucker fancy’s it. Owner, manager, players and fans. Just like the rest of our forward line, he is made of glass too, so fully expecting him to be knackered also and it will serve both Ashley and Bruce right. 

I had a full stop between both those sentences, I wasn’t saying he would feign injury. I said he wouldn’t fancy leading the line on Saturday, and with him being injury prone like the rest of them, then he will probably pick up a knock also.

Edited by reefatoon

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I can personally never get to that point tbh. About any team or player we play. I don't think it's particularly healthy :lol: and most non NUFC lads I'm mates with wouldn't understand it. I see why some get to that point though, but I'm just at the stage where I get a modicum of excitement when we score or look good but am not overly arsed when it's bad. If this season was under Benitez I'd be panicking like a geet arsehole, worrying where the hell our next win is coming from or whatever. Under Bruce I'm like, yeah, given the statement the club put out there's a minute chance that if we stay winless until the next international break then he might go. But he probably won't. 

Like a few posts above, Howe would change it for me, would he to come in. Whether Bruce ever gets the bullet though, who knows.

I agree , I never want us to lose but I give no fucks if we do now . This game will come and go with defeat then the pressure ramps up to Leeds at home when I predicted the end of Bruce , it probably won’t happen yet but this crowd is very ready to lose its shit (if possible) 

I’ve just bought my ticket for Blyth at home at the same time , never in all my years would I have ever thought id get to this point with NUFC , to not even listen to the game or be bothered . A club like Blyth that can have hope, honest and friendly, unlike NUFC .

A shadow of the club I fell in love with in 1976 

Run by a cunt , managed by a cunt , watched by fools .

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

Poor Maguire, playing against Lewandowski and Joelinton inside 4 days.

Wait until Gayle comes off the bench, I pitty the fool…

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I expect us to lose, but I don’t think we will get battered or embarrassed in terms of score line, that rarely happens despite our regular awful displays.

After today the press will be all over this game and I think the occasion will be huge which will whip the fans into a frenzy, an early Man U goal will see the floodgates open 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

After today the press will be all over this game and I think the occasion will be huge which will whip the fans into a frenzy, an early Man U goal will see the floodgates open 

I agree I just think it will be a battering without the score line being big enough to really emphasise how bad we are. There have been so many occasions under Bruce where we have all felt the same going into a game against one of the “big 4” and I don’t think we have ever been humiliated.

The only one I can think of is Leicester away in his first season.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I agree I just think it will be a battering without the score line being big enough to really emphasise how bad we are. There have been so many occasions under Bruce where we have all felt the same going into a game against one of the “big 4” and I don’t think we have ever been humiliated.

Dubs in goal might have helped this weekend 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

I feel pretty humiliated every time he stands in the dugout, to be fair.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

4 hours ago, HTT II said:

For me now, I regard this football club as not NUFC basically so it’s now easy for me to just hate the fucking whole thing, although I do like the players even the shit ones because it’s not their fault.

That's exactly it for me, and the reminder of Bobby only hammers that home. This club is like a mask over the real one and I want it to get scratched to fuck. 

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

That's exactly it for me, and the reminder of Bobby only hammers that home. This club is like a mask over the real one and I want it to get scratched to fuck. 

Sports Direct United 

15 hours ago, HTT II said:

For me now, I regard this football club as not NUFC basically so it’s now easy for me to just hate the fucking whole thing, although I do like the players even the shit ones because it’s not their fault. I just want the whole lot to crash and burn though and for Ashley to lose millions and millions, for the fans that enable it all to suffer and for Bruce to get a relegation on his CV of his so called boyhood club, not that it will prevent him getting another cushy job. This isn’t even a football club man, never mind Newcastle United Football Club. Rafa kept me onside because I love the man and he fought with those fans who also fought for change (Sack Pardew/Ashley Out/NUST and other individuals doing their own form of protest) so that kept me onside as we had someone at least fighting in our corner if you like for our club. Now fuck the lot of it. I hope we get destroyed every every game. Go on Ronnie lad, fill your boots son!

This is exactly how I feel. Why should I care for a club whose owner has gone awol and couldn't give a flying shit about us, infact the only feelings he does have is probably hate. Then there's the absolute joke of a manager who claims to be one of us, bullshit, he needs to fuck off back to Manchester (which he has every intention of anyway when he's taken us for as much money as possible) and never show his ugly mug here again.

Then there's the pundits with their 'I don't know what the fans expect' bullshit. As if we've spent most of our existence in the second division. 

I honestly can't find a reason to support this club anymore and I'll be dammed if I put another penny into the club while that fat bastard is taking as much as possible out before he eventually fucks off. Which will probably be no time soon 

2 hours ago, Bishops Finger said:

This is exactly how I feel. Why should I care for a club whose owner has gone awol and couldn't give a flying shit about us, infact the only feelings he does have is probably hate. Then there's the absolute joke of a manager who claims to be one of us, bullshit, he needs to fuck off back to Manchester (which he has every intention of anyway when he's taken us for as much money as possible) and never show his ugly mug here again.

Then there's the pundits with their 'I don't know what the fans expect' bullshit. As if we've spent most of our existence in the second division. 

I honestly can't find a reason to support this club anymore and I'll be dammed if I put another penny into the club while that fat bastard is taking as much as possible out before he eventually fucks off. Which will probably be no time soon 

Well said Sir!

2 hours ago, Bishops Finger said:

Well said Sir!

22 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The remit under Ashley is that it'll always be shit, never will there be a desire to be better. But having the right or simply just a likeable manager in place makes you forget all that; look back between May 2016 and May 2018 on here, some of the now most apathetic posters were proper active in match threads and were posting about the football. That's what a manager like Benitez brought here. Bruce just makes it all the more detestable. 

I've more or less accepted the Ashley status quo because I never will believe that the current embodiment of the fanbase (or 95% of modern English football fans tbh) will ever have to stomach for mass protest, boycotts or pressure on the owner. I'm at the stage now where I just focus on the 90 minutes on the Saturday and nothing else outside of that. Even still, this coming Saturday and West Ham away in 2019-20 are games I willingly choose/chose not to watch due to the grimness of it all. But that 90 minutes is all I can get from the club at the minute.

The club changing ownership to me is just something that will happen eventually down the line, probably in the next couple years but given the state of NUFC twitter and the takeover thread on here I pay next to no attention to it. It'll happen when it happens. But Bruce fucking off will give me almost as much pleasure as when Rafa stayed in 2016, so long as he's replaced with someone likeable and competent. It's why I talk about Howe a lot in my posts, I think he's a very good fit and he'd probably take it. And I may be able to get some enjoyment from watching us under him, where that enjoyment comes from, I dunno. In spite of the larger picture of it all being pointless. 

This is spot on. I don't have any expectations from Ashley either, but a manager who wasn't a complete worm would at least make watching a mediocre team enjoyable. I know we have a bottom half squad, but it's not the worst by a long shot, pretty sure Howe would be able to get a tune out of them. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

This is spot on. I don't have any expectations from Ashley either, but a manager who wasn't a complete worm would at least make watching a mediocre team enjoyable. I know we have a bottom half squad, but it's not the worst by a long shot, pretty sure Howe would be able to get a tune out of them. 

Howe would have me rooting for the team again at least if not the club if that makes sense, I.e. I can still hate Ashley’s club, but feel something for the team enough to want the players/manager to prosper.

Edited by HTT II

22 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Howe would have me rooting for the team again at least if not the club if that makes sense, I.e. I can still hate Ashley’s club, but feel something for the team enough to want the players/manager to prosper.

Yep. I'll always have a soft spot for Howe because of the way he wiped the floor with Pardew's craven formations a few years ago. They ran us off the park with a much smaller budget iirc. We'd lose some games badly for sure, but we'd be a decent team to watch, and when you've got a parasite owner, all you can really enjoy is the performance on the day.