Manchester United 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/09/21 - Post-match reaction from page 14

BlueStar

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Have you considered that they are just his opinions? Not every opinion has to be controversial. 

Nah. Joeyt doesn’t have opinions about anything meaningful.

The only opinions you’ll get from him are via his random ideas, “who would be your favourite starting 11 of players with four vowels in their name?” 

Or, “who is your favourite player you’ve forgotten about, but couldn’t have forgotten about, because you’re talking about forgetting about them on this thread” craic.

joelinton was a disgrace today. absolutely no fucking effort at all. strolling around in midfield whenever we were on the counter and hiding out on the wing the rst of the time.

and this fucking utd/ronaldo media wankfest has to stop. listening to the radio on the way back and fuckers going on about the great atmosphere at the game. fuck me man, they only made any noise for a couple of minutes after each gial, and were dead for the rest of it.

Edited by huss9

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

:lol: Get in.

Fucking bunch of morons, paying and enabling Ashley and Bruce by attending games. I’m sure Ronaldo will wake up this morning not giving a fuck…

Edited by HTT II

11 hours ago, Ben said:

I wouldn't mind @Froggy take on todays game, apparently they were disjointed and shite , with class.

We were OK. There's 3 new signings in the team and it's not quite there yet, but we're top of the league and have scored the most goals. October will be a huge test for us and will be the indicator of how we've progressed. 

I think all I said that joeyt disagreed with was that we were dominating it at half time and we worth the lead. At that point it was 70-30 possession wise, 15-7 shots, 3 shots on target to 0, we had treble the amount of completed passes etc. It can't get much more dominant. De Gea didn't have to make a save. 

Still stand by what I said though and if Maguire was targeted by Almiron and St. Maximin there could have been a different outcome. St. Maximin found himself out on the left quite often against Varane and AWB. He's a player reliant on pace, and you'll find it harder to beat those two for pace rather than Maguire and Shaw. When you did score it of course came from the left hand side when Maguire was out of position. 

This is why you all hate Bruce though I imagine. Completely out of his depth and unable to see clear weaknesses. 

Quick summary: we completely dominated the game and deserved the win and the scoreline. St. Maximin is class and if he gets injured relegation beckons. If St. Maximin was playing for us instead of Sancho yesterday it would have been a bloodbath. 

Has to be some sort of irony that a club whose takeover has been knocked back mainly due to piracy in Saudi Arabia, were part of a match that became the most illegally streamed Premier League match in history in the UK. Do the Premier League go at the UK government to stamp it out with the same energy?

Bent. As. Fuck.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Apologies if it’s been covered in here already.

But wtf is the whole ‘Sue?’ craic from the crowd when Ronaldo scores?

When did that start? Is it a Real Madrid thing? Honestly, I don’t get it and I thought it all sounded a bit cringe when he scored.

31 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

When did that start? Is it a Real Madrid thing? Honestly, I don’t get it and I thought it all sounded a bit cringe when he scored.

Oh is that what they were saying? :lol: Nauseating.

When players are bigger than clubs. 

It’s Siiiuuuu. Went to a Portugal home game a 3-4 years back. Bit weird when they were doing it after he scored a pen v the Faroes. Guess it’s his gimmick and that, better than his other alleged past times I guess.

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Ronaldo's trademark goal celebration sees him perform a mid-air pirouette before exclaiming "siiii!" - which is Spanish for "yes!" - upon landing. Yes, he started doing it while at Real Madrid. And yes, it is cringeworthy.

Sancho will have the same struggle a lot of attackers coming from the Bundesliga have had in recent years in realising there's nowhere near as much space to run into in the Premier League. I think he'll come good but it might take a while.

Edited by ATF

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Been pretty poor so far. But he's 21 in a new system and new league. He'll need some time. Could find himself on the bench next game. 

Yeah, seems he's started off a bit slow. Really liked his game at Dortmund so will be interesting to see how he comes along.

I think Lingaard is probably more of a threat in the current team, and is coming off some tremendous form last season, and so Sandro might have to be worked in slowly from the bench initially. As you said he is very young still.

Edited by KaKa