Manchester United 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/09/21 - Post-match reaction from page 14

BlueStar

2 hours ago, Pilko said:

Great finish by Bruno for their third goal but fuck me, you see department stores close down faster than our defence there.

When players aren't really sure what their roles are any more, it might cause that split second of hesitation when it comes to closing down shots. Or maybe they just don't really care that much any more. Either way it comes down to the manager IMO. 

While Ronaldo's not popular outside of Manchester, looks like he will score plenty of goals this season, our shitness aside. The PL suits him down to a tee, and he's incredibly fit for a 36 yr old. Can see him doing the business for a couple more seasons at least, but Man U won't win the league. 

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

74aEDWe.jpg

Incredible really 

9 players back, 5 in a fucking line, none closing down. Pitiful 

Christ, the closest person to close him down is the ref.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

When players aren't really sure what their roles are any more, it might cause that split second of hesitation when it comes to closing down shots. Or maybe they just don't really care that much any more. Either way it comes down to the manager IMO. 

Almost 80 minutes in, players are probabaly gassed, but the plan was to sit back which they've done. At no point did anybody press in this position and surely in the week running up to the game you know which Man United players can strike a ball from distance. As a team its poor play, but entirely predictable - no lessons will be learnt and can expect a rocket from Raphinha on Friday night if he is playing!

23 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

Almost 80 minutes in, players are probabaly gassed, but the plan was to sit back which they've done. At no point did anybody press in this position and surely in the week running up to the game you know which Man United players can strike a ball from distance. As a team its poor play, but entirely predictable - no lessons will be learnt and can expect a rocket from Raphinha on Friday night if he is playing!

It all sounds too detailed mate, no one has time to go into that sort of tactical guff. The best remedy would probably be a week in the sun, Portugal sounds nice. 

12 hours ago, huss9 said:

joelinton was a disgrace today. absolutely no fucking effort at all. strolling around in midfield whenever we were on the counter and hiding out on the wing the rst of the time.

and this fucking utd/ronaldo media wankfest has to stop. listening to the radio on the way back and fuckers going on about the great atmosphere at the game. fuck me man, they only made any noise for a couple of minutes after each gial, and were dead for the rest of it.

The funny thing is on the two occasions he was actually in the box completely alone and unmarked, both Willock and Longstaff did not play the simplest of cutbacks to him to have a free shot at goal.

The team is impossibly incompetent under Bruce. It's so bad it's actually comical.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The funny thing is on the two occasions he was actually in the box completely alone and unmarked, both Willock and Longstaff did not play the simplest of cutbacks to him to have a free shot at goal.

The team is impossibly incompetent under Bruce. It's so bad it's actually comical.

True. Shearer was right to point out when Joelinton failed to get in the box yesterday, but he did actually get into two great scoring positions and his team mates failed to pick out simple passes. You have to wonder whether all our players are just really bad quality, or maybe there's just no direction or idea of what we are doing as a team. Or maybe a bit of both. 

2 hours ago, ATF said:

Sancho will have the same struggle a lot of attackers coming from the Bundesliga have had in recent years in realising there's nowhere near as much space to run into in the Premier League. I think he'll come good but it might take a while.

Yeah I've been on about this for ages. It's quite a misleading league because I don't think a lot of people realise how open it is and how shit the defences are.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Football at all levels, at it's essence, has set in stone decrees. 

If you know your teammate is shit at scoring he ain't getting the ball first time. There's something that happens whilst your playing you think "he'll waste this , I'll try x, y or z". Like playing football at school when the crap kids were made to play , kids would shout " don't give it to Phil, he's shit" or if you did summat fancy past a crap kid or were a bit physical with a weedy kid "not on that, its only phil".

Joelinton is Phil .     

Edited by Keggy_Keagal
typo

7 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

If you know your teammate is shit at scoring he ain't getting the ball first time. There's something that happens whilst your playing you think "he'll waste this , I'll try x, y or z". Like playing football at school when the crap kids were made to play , kids would shout " don't give it to Phil, he's shit" or if you did summat fancy past a crap kid or where a bit physical with a weedy kid "not on that its only phil".

Joelinton is Phil .     

:lol:

I hear you. But then when the guy is lagging miles behind the play and doesn't bother getting in the box, I don't understand why people whinge about it.

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

If you know your teammate is shit at scoring he ain't getting the ball first time. There's something that happens whilst your playing you think "he'll waste this , I'll try x, y or z". Like playing football at school when the crap kids were made to play , kids would shout " don't give it to Phil, he's shit" or if you did summat fancy past a crap kid or were a bit physical with a weedy kid "not on that, its only phil".

Joelinton is Phil .     

If you are taking that approach you better score yourself then. I can understand it to some extent from Willock who has at least has shown he can finish chances himself, but Longstaff?

On 11/09/2021 at 15:54, ManDoon said:

The commentator on my stream literally went “close your eyes, take it in” and also “he came, and he conquered”. Guy wants to deepthroat the rapist im sure 

On a similar note. Was watching Soccer Saturday but turned it over to BT sport briefly. In that time Ronaldo got his 1st and that prick Robbie Savage reacted with arms in the air shouting "Viva Ronaldo". Fk the lot of them.

8 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

On a similar note. Was watching Soccer Saturday but turned it over to BT sport briefly. In that time Ronaldo got his 1st and that prick Robbie Savage reacted with arms in the air shouting "Viva Ronaldo". Fk the lot of them.

Savage is an embarrassing cunt.  The way he went on during last seasons Europa League final, man.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2021 at 03:29, BlueStar said:

This would work better to September by Earth, Wind and FIre.

Cris-tiano!

We all still remember

Cris-tiano!

You're a sex offender

Cris-tiano!

You really should be put awaaaaay

1-2-3-4