Manchester United 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/09/21 - Post-match reaction from page 14

Apologies if it’s been covered in here already.

But wtf is the whole ‘Sue?’ craic from the crowd when Ronaldo scores?

When did that start? Is it a Real Madrid thing? Honestly, I don’t get it and I thought it all sounded a bit cringe when he scored.

31 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

When did that start? Is it a Real Madrid thing? Honestly, I don’t get it and I thought it all sounded a bit cringe when he scored.

Oh is that what they were saying? :lol: Nauseating.

When players are bigger than clubs. 

It’s Siiiuuuu. Went to a Portugal home game a 3-4 years back. Bit weird when they were doing it after he scored a pen v the Faroes. Guess it’s his gimmick and that, better than his other alleged past times I guess.

36 minutes ago, KaKa said:

@Froggy

What do you think of Sancho so far and how he's coming along?

Been pretty poor so far. But he's 21 in a new system and new league. He'll need some time. Could find himself on the bench next game. 

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Ronaldo's trademark goal celebration sees him perform a mid-air pirouette before exclaiming "siiii!" - which is Spanish for "yes!" - upon landing. Yes, he started doing it while at Real Madrid. And yes, it is cringeworthy.

Sancho will have the same struggle a lot of attackers coming from the Bundesliga have had in recent years in realising there's nowhere near as much space to run into in the Premier League. I think he'll come good but it might take a while.

Edited by ATF

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

Great finish by Bruno for their third goal but fuck me, you see department stores close down faster than our defence there.

74aEDWe.jpg

Incredible really 

9 players back, 5 in a fucking line, none closing down. Pitiful 

Edited by ManDoon

While I’m here like it’s cheap as hell to jump on one persons post attacking Joey, it’s low t behavior. Group mentality at it worst. 

I also don’t understand the issue, he’s got plenty of opinions if you can read. I don’t agree with all of them which is normal. Whatever Dinho said (it’s bollocks) having other people be like “yeah agree!” Is so weak. Clique, out. 

4 minutes ago, ATF said:

Sancho will have the same struggle a lot of attackers coming from the Bundesliga have had in recent years in realising there's nowhere near as much space to run into in the Premier League. I think he'll come good but it might take a while.

Agree. He’s clearly a very very good footballer, but bundesliga has basically no defence these days, and inflates attacking players stats. Similar to what we used to see with Holland 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Been pretty poor so far. But he's 21 in a new system and new league. He'll need some time. Could find himself on the bench next game. 

Yeah, seems he's started off a bit slow. Really liked his game at Dortmund so will be interesting to see how he comes along.

I think Lingaard is probably more of a threat in the current team, and is coming off some tremendous form last season, and so Sandro might have to be worked in slowly from the bench initially. As you said he is very young still.

Edited by KaKa

2 hours ago, Pilko said:

Great finish by Bruno for their third goal but fuck me, you see department stores close down faster than our defence there.

When players aren't really sure what their roles are any more, it might cause that split second of hesitation when it comes to closing down shots. Or maybe they just don't really care that much any more. Either way it comes down to the manager IMO. 

While Ronaldo's not popular outside of Manchester, looks like he will score plenty of goals this season, our shitness aside. The PL suits him down to a tee, and he's incredibly fit for a 36 yr old. Can see him doing the business for a couple more seasons at least, but Man U won't win the league. 

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

When players aren't really sure what their roles are any more, it might cause that split second of hesitation when it comes to closing down shots. Or maybe they just don't really care that much any more. Either way it comes down to the manager IMO. 

Almost 80 minutes in, players are probabaly gassed, but the plan was to sit back which they've done. At no point did anybody press in this position and surely in the week running up to the game you know which Man United players can strike a ball from distance. As a team its poor play, but entirely predictable - no lessons will be learnt and can expect a rocket from Raphinha on Friday night if he is playing!

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Didn’t realise until yesterday but our GK shirt reminds me so much of this:

Untitleddesign_1296x.png?v=1591119620

His hands reminded me of those yesterday too, if you opened the bag and ate the crisps.

• midds unpinned this topic