Newcastle United vs Leeds United - 17/09/21 - Sky Sports 8pm

Scoot

Can see this turning ugly on Friday night, hopefully it does. Not sure what those protests are that's planned but good luck with them. 

I'll not be watching once again. Compared to where I was 3 or 4 years ago under Rafa to where I am now in terms of interest in NUFC, poles apart.

We'll lose this 3-1 I think. We really need this to get ugly. 

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

The fat cunt always seems to get a result that staves off criticism and vitriol.

A 'battling' 1-2 loss with a dodgy decision will give the crowd a nice evening oot.

Yeah, Leeds haven't started well and seemed to get absolutely pummeled by Liverpool if MOTD was anything to go by. Our players know they need to pick their arses up so I can easily see this being our "see, everything's fine" result. 

Certainly if we lose again it won't make a shit of difference to the manager's security. Charnley et al only look at results and we've been in far, far, far worse spells than this since we came back up. 

Was hoping for a good protest idea but bringing whistles and throwing paper planes on the pitch seems a bit underwhelming. Although I'll never criticise anyone for trying to make a difference. 

Regarding the match, I have a feeling it will either see us go 1-0 down early doors and it will get hostile or we'll sneak a 1-0 with a late winner 

2 hours ago, Decky said:

Leeds look shaky enough at the back so we might score, but overall they're a far superior side to us in every way and I expect them to easily win. 

They are far fitter and more dynamic, but they also lack finishing quality so this could easily be the game where Bruce gets his monthly pressure reliever win.

A lot depends on how motivated our players are, if the rumours that some of them can't stand Bruce are true, they might just let Leeds walk all over them. 

Guest reefatoon

A good fucking stuffing should get people out of their slumber. Lets have 3 nice early goals just like that time Portsmouth put three early goals past us when we had hippo heed in charge (the other hippo heed, not the current one).

Would be 90 minutes of pure pleasure if we are getting twatted after 15 minutes.

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, Leeds haven't started well and seemed to get absolutely pummeled by Liverpool if MOTD was anything to go by. Our players know they need to pick their arses up so I can easily see this being our "see, everything's fine" result. 

Certainly if we lose again it won't make a shit of difference to the manager's security. Charnley et al only look at results and we've been in far, far, far worse spells than this since we came back up. 

Difference this time (hopefully) is that there is no cushion to hide behind. 1 point from 5 games looks a hell of a lot worse in your first 5 games than it does in games 20-25 when you already have a few wins on the board.

Of course our lot will just look at it as more time to turn it around

Nah, the difference this time is Bruce was happy not saying a word to his bosses until this past transfer window, and he probably said something he's never said to them before. SO they said fuck off, released a statement, and now it's all very very different. He's got the NUFC bosses telling him to pipe down and get on with it, he's got no skin at all and he's getting rattled by Lee Ryder and the local press, and further, he knows the crowd hates him.