Newcastle United 1 - 1 Leeds United (17/09/21)

BlueStar

What a schoolboy game of football :lol: :lol: :lol: at least its somewhat entertaining. Leeds should feel hard done by with the amount of chances we've gifted them. Bruce does not deserve ASM. Second half we will run out of gas early and it'll be over, but "muh positives"

Just now, geordie_b said:

Nah, we will tire, they will counter and score 2 or 3 more. Bruce will blame the running stats

100%. There have been some 80th-minute-tired-legs worthy passes already and we're not even out of the half :lol:

Seriously though. Hayden is the only holding midfielder in the squad, and he is playing cb. Even Longstaff is more of a box to box or attacking midfielder.  Every match they just get 3 or 4 cutbacks and can stand and have free pops at goal.

Also our passing from back is shite, yet we persist in not playing Schar. Also great selling Yedlin. He wasnt perfect but he could actually run back when they counter, our corners is more of an opportunity for the other team. :)

Anyone watching the NBC feed? A few seconds before the ASM goal both commentators went off at the fans, saying something along the lines of “deceptions can be a curious thing, Steve Bruce has got the same number of points as Rafa Benitez while scoring more goals and conceding less.” I didn’t even enjoy the goal right after as I was still seething from those comments. What is the point of even tuning into our games after mustering up all the courage to do so only to be gaslit and insulted constantly by commentators, pundits and media? I feel like shutting it off or watching it on mute, but then I’m still giving these assholes money. The hellscape has no end in sight. 

Edited by DJ_NUFC