Newcastle United 1 - 1 Leeds United (17/09/21)

BlueStar

Just now, Rosenrot said:

I was in the Gallowgate. Plenty of get out of our club chants

My mate was in the Leazes I think, I’ve told him he’s a cunt for putting money into Ashley’s pockets mind. 

9 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Nearly, but not quite.

Look 12 miles down the road for that particular "honour".

We are not far off though…

32 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Gutted we drew, was hoping for a battering. My mate was there mind and said there was tonnes of anti Bruce chants post game, during the game and after the final whistle. Nowt about Ashley though… 

There was plenty of Get out of our club as well. That bbc piece is right the first half was pretty much a barrage of Bruce/ Ashley and it was loud and not just the Gallowgate. I got home and my family did say it didn’t come across that way. No idea what Sky must’ve been playing at. It kept me entertained while we were chasing shadows for 40 minutes.

18 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Hayden as a central defender is fucking grim, like. Lad clearly doesn't want to play there either.

Having schar on the bench when we need someone to come out with the ball and feed ASM is piss poor management. 

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

There was plenty of Get out of our club as well. That bbc piece is right the first half was pretty much a barrage of Bruce/ Ashley and it was loud and not just the Gallowgate. I got home and my family did say it didn’t come across that way. No idea what Sky must’ve been playing at. It kept me entertained while we were chasing shadows for 40 minutes.

I watched first half on the Firestick and heard no chants mind, was Sky I watched so seems they muted it?

30 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

I was in the Gallowgate. Plenty of get out of our club chants

Utterly pointless, he’s trying to get out of the club we should be directing our fury at the governing body stopping him and prolonging this purgatory.

What do people want at this point for him to sell on the cheap to a hedge fund ?

Folk still don’t seem to be grasping the bigger picture. Will it take 40000 leaflets being printed to explain this ? I suspect it would be to much effort for some match going folk to even read it.

Thickest match going fans in the county bar none unfortunately.

A chant always sounds louder when you’re sat in the stand. 

They were all audible on the TV but were clearly not sung by all. As evident by the fact 90% of the crowd were motionless whilst the chants were going on.

All of this, “Sky are muting us” is mackem-esque and embarrassing. Undoubtedly they play with the volume here and there but to suggest they were purposely muting Ashley/Bruce chants is ridiculous.

I’ve seen loads of comments saying it didn’t come across on TV. It was a warm, dark, Friday night and loads of fans had been out for a good few hours, town was heaving. It was very unpleasant for Bruce, not once did he lift his head to look at the Gallowgate, Stand up if you hate Steve Bruce saw perhaps a quarter of the ground stand up. The fans last night did just fine. Gotta say if someone hadn’t told they’d been a planned protest I wouldn’t have known and as it was I couldn’t tell.

Hope we get a few more Friday night games tbh if it’s going to be like that.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

A chant always sounds louder when you’re sat in the stand. 

They were all audible on the TV but were clearly not sung by all. As evident by the fact 90% of the crowd were motionless whilst the chants were going on.

All of this, “Sky are muting us” is mackem-esque and embarrassing. Undoubtedly they play with the volume here and there but to suggest they were purposely muting Ashley/Bruce chants is ridiculous.

That’s wrong, I was in the Milburn Paddock and it was very loud as I’ve already said. It was large portions of the ground as well, the BBC article is pretty accurate 

Just now, Tsunami said:

That’s wrong, I was in the Milburn Paddock and it was very loud as I’ve already said. It was large portions of the ground as well, the BBC article is pretty accurate 

A post of yours literally above points out only “a quarter” of people joined in with one particular chant.

Sky don’t have an agenda to purposely hide Bruce out chants like :lol: the commentators drew the viewers’ opinion to the chants nearly every time they occurred. Why would they purposely mute them if that’s the case?

26 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

A post of yours literally above points out only “a quarter” of people joined in with one particular chant.

Sky don’t have an agenda to purposely hide Bruce out chants like :lol: the commentators drew the viewers’ opinion to the chants nearly every time they occurred. Why would they purposely mute them if that’s the case?

A quarter is a large number of fans to be standing up; the other chants don’t require anyone to stand up. You best ask Sky about their microphones, you want to believe what you heard on the tv then fine, I was there, not in The Gallowgate and it was loud and prolonged. Don’t expect it to be anywhere near as hostile at 4pm on a Sunday when Spuds are in town.

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

A quarter is a large number of fans to be standing up; the other chants don’t require anyone to stand up. You best ask Sky about their microphones, you want to believe what you heard on the tv then fine, I was there, not in The Gallowgate and it was loud and prolonged. Don’t expect it to be anywhere near as hostile at 4pm on a Sunday when Spuds are in town.

It was loud and hostile atmosphere at times on TV too. That’s my whole point. Sky weren’t purposely muting Ashley/Bruce chance.

The issue is, it wasn’t anywhere near as prolonged as it should’ve been and the ASM goal silenced the hostilities to some degree.

.com report on that too. Maybe they’re in this secret society with Sky too trying to mute our Bruce out chants.

Imagine if this shite was posted on RTG :lol: Everyone would be ripping them to shreds ffs.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

There were loads of pissed up Leeds fans in town mind, I was in The Waiting Rooms, full of them, too many young lads acting the man in the cover of plenty older blokes and a few older pissed up blokes trying to stoke bother by singing Newccy Brown is vile, Shearer is a paedophile. Great stuff, a group then must have left The Union Rooms and decided to walk the wrong way up Westgate Rd, as traffic waiting at the lights at The Mile Castle turned green and traffic had stop, swerve to avoid them.

I haven’t heard what the noise was like on Sky, certainly the second half was far far quieter. I asked my son about the noise on Sky when I got home and he said it wasn’t really that loud. Perhaps Sky turned off the mics at The Gallowgate or turned them down or didn’t do anything at all. It was pretty non stop from never they scored to when we scored. I’ve not heard it like that since Pardew was here.