Newcastle United 1 - 1 Leeds United (17/09/21)

BlueStar

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

It did seem like Sky turned down the mics - there was a definite drop in volume when chants started going (on TV)

Why would Sky do it? Remember - they are client journalists for the owner and have been since he bought the club.

If a chant contains swearing, which the Ashley one does - they often turn the volume down on those.

More likely to be that then a made up agenda.

9 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I was listening in the radio and didn’t hear much in terms of Bruce chants, but the atmosphere sounded decent

We were at 'This Is Tomorrow' yesterday, and left and headed along towards St James for the bus home late into the 2nd half, and could clearly hear "We want Steve Bruce Out" chants from outside the ground, so who knows, maybe TV & Radio were muting them where they could?

Edited by TK-421

I'm not being funny, but I watched the whole match on the tele and couldn't make out any chants against Bruce and not a great deal against Ashley either. To me the whole ground seemed fairly quiet for large spells of the game, with the exception of a few positive sounding 'oooo's and 'ahhhhs' at key points of the game. With that being the case I can only assume that most neutrals or the like probably heard the same, it seemed to me that the entire protest thing was a complete dud, if anything last night made us look like we're not that upset as a fanbase, apart from a handful of people with an agenda getting interviewed before the match. From that I think it's fair to say that the majority of match going 'fans' don't really care - they either really don't care, don't 'get' it or are actually accepting of how the club is run and what it has become.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

A chant always sounds louder when you’re sat in the stand. 

They were all audible on the TV but were clearly not sung by all. As evident by the fact 90% of the crowd were motionless whilst the chants were going on.

All of this, “Sky are muting us” is mackem-esque and embarrassing. Undoubtedly they play with the volume here and there but to suggest they were purposely muting Ashley/Bruce chants is ridiculous.

Your weird take on this is pretty suspect. Why are you trying to convince people that it didn’t happen and it wasn’t muted.

It clearly was and reports from people in the ground said it was loud. Sky have pitch side mics which pick up crowd noise, they mute chants that contain swear words at times. They clearly did it here and its probably because they don’t want the brand damaged by negativity. 

People telling the truth are not being ‘mackemesque’ and ‘embarrassing’.

You however….. 

Like i said, what’s your agenda? You’ve got one. 

5 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Hideous craic like. People reading this from other clubs must be howling with laughter.

Your internet cred is gonna take a huge hit when Brighton fans see what you've been posting mate.

Watched online hoping it would turn nasty. As far as I could tell, the atmosphere sounded pretty meek. I mean, isn’t it a bit unlikely that they turned the mics down? A big fallout/protest surely creates talking points and excitement around the game…

7 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Just when i was calling that fat Leeds cunt, we have this little cunt in the blue jumper going down way to easily.

lots of folk saying this was a Leeds fan getting sparked out, that bloke is a boxer mind , can anyone confirm who is who?

Alistair Macgowan (BBC)

"We want Brucey out" started after three minutes but, once Raphina had given Leeds a 13th-minute lead, the song shifted along the Gallowgate End of St James' Park and, as the visitors threatened to run riot, the message became boomingly clear from large sections of the 50,000-strong crowd.

Just saying.......

I saw that too. I guess we will never know, but I don’t think the logical conclusion is that the mics were switched off. I’m not saying it definitely didn’t happen, but I just don’t see why that would be the case. Does it protect Bruce? Not really because he would still be hearing it in the ground and get asked about it after…

Anyway, I’m not saying anyone is wrong, I just personally don’t think it makes sense for some sort of deal to happen to ensure anti-Bruce chants aren’t heard on tv. However, I’m happy to be proven wrong if it ever comes to light

12 hours ago, GWN said:

lots of folk saying this was a Leeds fan getting sparked out, that bloke is a boxer mind , can anyone confirm who is who?

Not sure mate, certainly was a nice southpaw straight left.

Edit. Seems like Bishop Mags plastering Leeds according to craic. Mackems won’t like this County Durham mags at it again.

Edited by Whitley mag

23 hours ago, alijmitchell said:

Watched online hoping it would turn nasty. As far as I could tell, the atmosphere sounded pretty meek. I mean, isn’t it a bit unlikely that they turned the mics down? A big fallout/protest surely creates talking points and excitement around the game…

i was there and it did turn nasty,