Watford 1-1 Newcastle United (25/09/21)

Disco

1 minute ago, Nepharite said:

This is the false economy of it. A better manager than Bruce would have us comfortable in the Premier League. Probably playing watchable football with that squad. But Cashley is a fucking moron!

Ashley does not give a monkeys whether we finish 7th or 17th. It is actually probably better for him 17th with low expectations and a manager taking all the flak for him. 

3 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Bruce's luck has ran out.

I disagree. We’re still getting our fair share of luck.

We should be on zero points like. But Leeds, Watford & Southampton all put in minging performances and wasted tons of chances between them.

We’ll scrape by, again. 

17 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Rather you miss by actually shooting or trying to round the old and not nimble keeper. A weak chip that would not even have rolled in had it got by him

Wilson said something about 1 v 1s with keepers along the lines of watching for when they plant their feet. Then he takes it round them. Why doesnt things like that get picked up on in training and taught to the squad?

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We should be on zero points like. But Leeds, Watford & Southampton all put in minging performances and wasted tons of chances between them.

We’ll scrape by, again. 

Don't remember Watford wasting many chances today

We had loads of chances

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Don't remember Watford wasting many chances today

We had loads of chances

I was referring more to them putting in a minging performance with the majority of chances wasted by the other two. Not worded particularly well as I just clumped it all together.

Watford were awful, if Wilson played we’d have won at a canter. Murphy wants fining for that finish especially against a keeper like Foster, travelling at that speed you either show quick feet and pass it passed him or you feign and round the keeper.

That said, I fully expected us to lose.

"Well ya know, we should have took our chances but we didn't and its cost us, but that's the Premier league, it's tough and it's difficult. 

I'll never walk away from a tough challenge and that's what this is, the fans want to see us winning the champions league every season, and so do I but at the minute it's tough, so we'll roll our sleeves up and go again."

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We’ll scrape by, again. 

We haven't won a game this season delsite having mutiple opportunities to.

14 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Has anyone got any stats on how often we've had more than 50% possession in a game since Bruce took over?

I can't recall ever seeing it, in any match. I can't even remember what it's like to outplay another team.

No, but I'd be pretty confident in guessing you wouldn't need both hands to count them

13 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’d hazard a guess when we thrashed Bournemouth. Other than that I’d be struggling to name a match, I’m not even confident that’s right.

According to Google, no.

https://www.google.com/search?q=newcastle+v+bournemouth&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGR965GR965&oq=newcastle+v+bournemouth&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l9.3234j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11hyk2h_v4;2;/m/02_tc;dt;fp;1;;

We had 45% possession that night, and 12 shots on goal to their 12. They had more passes, and better passing accuracy than us too.

I was at the game today (supporting Watford) but a couple of observations. I admit that we were shocking , probably our worst performance of the season which isn’t saying much. The ref was absolutely horrendous for both sides. It reached a nadir when having ruled out our goal he then pointed to the centre circle! For what it’s worth the most puzzling aspect of today was despite being on top once you had scored the time wasting went into overdrive, the highlight being when Matty Longstaff (who had a good game) suddenly , with nobody within several yards of him threw himself to the ground clutching his face. If you had continued as before you would have won easily. After we equalised the time wasting stopped and you could have won several times over. Just bizarre tactics. My wife’s family are from Newcastle and I hope that we both stay up but it does look unlikely!

7 minutes ago, Chris c said:

I was at the game today (supporting Watford) but a couple of observations. I admit that we were shocking , probably our worst performance of the season which isn’t saying much. The ref was absolutely horrendous for both sides. It reached a nadir when having ruled out our goal he then pointed to the centre circle! For what it’s worth the most puzzling aspect of today was despite being on top once you had scored the time wasting went into overdrive, the highlight being when Matty Longstaff (who had a good game) suddenly , with nobody within several yards of him threw himself to the ground clutching his face. If you had continued as before you would have won easily. After we equalised the time wasting stopped and you could have won several times over. Just bizarre tactics. My wife’s family are from Newcastle and I hope that we both stay up but it does look unlikely!

Especially impressive timewasting from matty longstaff considering he plays for Aberdeen ;)