Howe? Jones? Wilder?

Gallowgate1892

It's blind hope that Bruce gets sacked, I'm guilty of it as much as anyone else. Of course you'd take anyone but Bruce, but those 3 options;

Jones - No. He's part of this dogshit set up with Bruce, Clemence, Agnew et al. He's failed at his only managerial stint at a lower level and has to be as guilty as the rest of them when it comes to the shit we serve up. I'm of the opinion that people still think he's the dog's bollocks in some shape or form because it took a chunk of kudos away from Bruce and brought it his away after some good performances at the back end of last season starting with Everton away. I wouldn't be amiss to him and GK coach Simon Smith staying on as coaches should Bruce leave, but he should be nowhere near the managerial role. Giving coaches the gig who have failed as bosses elsewhere never works; Carver and Craig Shakespeare being two examples.

Wilder - Meh. He's an upgrade on Bruce and did fantastic with Sheffield Utd in 19/20 but last season I believe they were the worst PL side since either Huddersfield or Derby? That's not a sign that brews confidence. :lol: Also, I don't really like him as a bloke tbh. Seems like a PFM who'll live off that one successful season. He's made Brexit loving comments in the past and that doesn't identify as someone who should represent Newcastle United or the city of Newcastle imo. It's a no from me, but is miles ahead of Bruce and better than Jones.

Howe - I think its fairly clear that he is my top choice should Bruce get the bullet. :lol: I think he'd be a good fit even with Ashley or without him tbh. Took Bournemouth from League One to the Premier League in 3 seasons and kept them there for 5 while playing decent, attacking based football. Has worked with Wilson and Fraser when they had that good partnership and comes across well in interviews. Bournemouth were always going to go down due to the size of that club iyam and injuries also played a huge part in that final season which Howe himself claimed had a huge effect. Think he'd get people at least somewhat liking watching the team again at last, in spite of the Ashley-affected bigger picture.

I would like Howe but he's been out for a while now and his last move North didn't work out so I'm not to sure, Wilder can do one and Jones was obviously not Bruce's pick so someone at the club rates him 

1 minute ago, FinnMag said:

Who quality manager is willling to join this endeless sh*t show? Rafa was abnormality, not gonna happen again in Ashley`s NUFC

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/thomas-tuchel-newcastle-job-interest-dortmund-chelsea-b919771.html

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-giovanni-van-bronckhorst-dutch-16502775

1 minute ago, FinnMag said:

If Bruce is canned, replacement is cheap manager from championship level. When takeover is still possibilty(?) Ashley wont throw millions to Howe etc

Howe is cheap, he's out of a job. :lol: He didn't go to Celtic due to disagreements over which coaching staff he could bring in. Looking back at the history of past managers when they have replaced someone under Ashley, this was never a sticking point for Pardew, McClaren, Benitez or Bruce. And no, he won't throw millions to anyone, but purely just him replacing Bruce would see us comfortably safe. He doesn't need millions to do that, assuming you're on about the transfer market.

No way they sack Lard Arse even if we are finally getting flushed, they will 'Back with the Manager to bring us back up'.

The people running the show have literally 0 clue what the fuck they are doing, either that or they are being vindictive for the sake of it (this is probably more like it)

The only miniscule hope I have of him leaving, whether that's resigning (fuck no :lol: ), by mutual consent so he sort of walks but gets a pay off (probably most likely scenario) or him getting sacked (dunno) is that Ashley has only sacked 3 managers, yet two of them were when the crowd had turned: Allardyce v Liverpool and McClaren v Bournemouth. McClaren should've gone ages before and supporters only fully turned away at Stoke but that's what got him sacked imo, we know now looking back that we got rid too late but after that Bournemouth game we were 1 point from safety with 10 games to play. Hardly adrift in strict terms.

Allardyce was sacked in early January but the crowd turned v Liverpool in late November, which was really vitriolic. Obviously Ashley is a different animal now than then, but still.

Doesn't matter. Next person will be just as hated as Kinnear, Pardew, Carver, McClaren & Bruce and we'll see the same repetitive and futile calls for the next persons resignation in no time.

Rafa was the exception, not the rule. Hughton would eventually have met the same destiny as the others. Just stick with Bruce and let it burn.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I mean I think our stock has fallen even since then sadly. Not sure the Tuchel equivalent of today would come anywhere near.Not to say we couldn’t do better than Bruce

Pointless having another thread where we're debating whether or not Bruce is gonna go but if we're talking potential replacements; at the moment I'd probably 'like' to see Jones get it. I'd be able to stop hating and would probably feel inclined to watch a game for the first time this season; but also it wouldn't confuse the situation, as would be the case were we to make a genuinely progressive appointment. I can't be fucked with us barely pretending all over again, as per the Rafa years. 

As for post-takeover pie in the sky stuff; literally just about anyone would do me. I can hardly imagine us making an appointment, good or bad, with the reason being "because we want to be successful". Seems like a complete pipe dream atm. 

Dreamland is a Conte type. Would love Southgate as well cos I think the bloke's a diamond. 

It's no good folk saying 'anyone but Bruce' like. It's nonesense to say that.

Bruce is shit. But there are plenty worse/just as bad. Getting rid of Bruce, to just be pig sick of Tony Pulis 6 months down the line is such a pointless endeavour and something that might end up with us worse off, however that may be.

It's such a shit situation and such an unappealing job that there's very few options, that's why we're stuck with Bruce in the first place. I'd probably take Howe if he was stupid enough to come here.

20 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I mean I think our stock has fallen even since then sadly. Not sure the Tuchel equivalent of today would come anywhere near.Not to say we couldn’t do better than Bruce

Disagree, we were as much of a mess 2013-16 as we are now, or any of the other Ashley years. Van Bronckhorst wanted it after Benitez left. 'No decent manager would want the job' is bollocks.