Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 17/10/21 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

First match I plan to attend since Rafa's farewell at Craven Cottage.

Would be absolutely amazing if a new manager was installed before next Sunday, knowing I was there for the first post-Bruce match to make up for not attending a game since the last pre-Bruce match.

Edited by wormy

I couldn’t stop myself from buying a ticket this morning for this game. My head initially decided against it and I closed the browser, but my heart had other ideas and just 10 minutes later I found myself once again sat staring at the stadium plan on the ticketing section of the website. East Stand, Block L. The same area as when I last set foot in St James’ Park under Rafa.

And I’ll go not necessarily concerned with the football match itself, but to witness, participate and connect with the transcendence of a long-neglected, subdued and divided fanbase finally lift their voices in harmony to the sound of a new hope. In regards to the speculation surrounding the comings and goings of players and managers, I’ll leave that to time to determine how those things materialise; but for this game I needed to participate in what I hope to feel like a renewal, a revitalisation and a rising tide of spirit lifting the sunken and sullen supporters of this special club.

I lost my Granda 2 weeks ago tomorrow, the man who first walked me up those steps to my first game as a 12 year old boy, clenching my hand as the verdant pitch marked a lasting impression in my mind and a sense of anticipation entirely unique to a football stadium just before kick-off first revealed itself to me. I’ll be held by his heavenly hand as I make my way up those same steps a week on Sunday. He would have loved this news.

12 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

I couldn’t stop myself from buying a ticket this morning for this game. My head initially decided against it and I closed the browser, but my heart had other ideas and just 10 minutes later I found myself once again sat staring at the stadium plan on the ticketing section of the website. East Stand, Block L. The same area as when I last set foot in St James’ Park under Rafa.

And I’ll go not necessarily concerned with the football match itself, but to witness, participate and connect with the transcendence of a long-neglected, subdued and divided fanbase finally lift their voices in harmony to the sound of a new hope. In regards to the speculation surrounding the comings and goings of players and managers, I’ll leave that to time to determine how those things materialise; but for this game I needed to participate in what I hope to feel like a renewal, a revitalisation and a rising tide of spirit lifting the sunken and sullen supporters of this special club.

I lost my Granda 2 weeks ago tomorrow, the man who first walked me up those steps to my first game as a 12 year old boy, clenching my hand as the verdant pitch marked a lasting impression in my mind and a sense of anticipation entirely unique to a football stadium just before kick-off first revealed itself to me. I’ll be held by his heavenly hand as I make my way up those same steps a week on Sunday. He would have loved this news.

Inshallah Bruce will be sacked before this game and he won't get to take credit for any potential takeover bounce. That would make rooting for a win so much more enjoyable. 

3 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

The likes of this post and LFEE's in the takeover thread, man.. I really did think I'd reached a point where this club wouldn't ever make me feel something ever again.

The bolded is perfect as a southerner who's just booked a day off to make it up for this. It was tough trying to explain to my superior why I would want to to travel the length of the country alone for the sake of a singular football match and this would have summed it up perfectly for me.

My condolences by the way, IC. I'm sure your grandad will be cheering on from above with the rest of us. :)