Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 17/10/21 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

7 hours ago, wormy said:

The likes of this post and LFEE's in the takeover thread, man.. I really did think I'd reached a point where this club wouldn't ever make me feel something ever again.

The bolded is perfect as a southerner who's just booked a day off to make it up for this. It was tough trying to explain to my superior why I would want to to travel the length of the country alone for the sake of a singular football match and this would have summed it up perfectly for me.

My condolences by the way, IC. I'm sure your grandad will be cheering on from above with the rest of us. :) 

Thanks @wormy I appreciate that, I'm certain he will be :)

22 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

So pleased I took the gamble on Wednesday and got tickets :lol: 

First game since Rafa left as that was the final straw. Will probably never get my ST back, but I’ll certainly try.

Same here.  Jacked it in when Rafa left after 20 odd years as a season ticket holder.  Took a leap of faith on Wednesday and got tickets for me and the bairn.  Swore I'd not be back until Ashley went.  Collective relief/excitement/euphoria should make it unforgettable. 

5 minutes ago, Flartyblartclart said:

Same here.  Jacked it in when Rafa left after 20 odd years as a season ticket holder.  Took a leap of faith on Wednesday and got tickets for me and the bairn.  Swore I'd not be back until Ashley went.  Collective relief/excitement/euphoria should make it unforgettable. 

Same here. 17 years had my season ticket, packed it in the day Bruce got the job rather than when Rafa left. Going to be an emotional day without my brother next to me but I honestly can't wait. Will be getting into the ground early to soak it up and completely fall head over heels back in love with them daft black and white bastards :love:

Think, hope, I've managed to bag a ticket for this 🤞🏻

Hope someone prepares the players. Some of them will have experienced a few good matches under Rafa but it'll be nothing compared to what next Sunday will be like. Hope none of them freeze.

I'm still here! been celebrating the departure of Ashley since Thursday. This will be a tough game as the rest of the league will want us relegated by Christmas. The first time I saw this fixture was 1968 when we lost  1-3 to a Spurs side with Jimmy Greaves. Wyn Davies was my hero then.  Born in 1956 the year after our last major domestic trophy the FA cup in 1955 I now have renewed hope of actually seeing us winning one of the big ones in my lifetime. Roll on January & stay out of the bottom 3.

Guest reefatoon

Going to see a total different bunch of players now. They are going to want to be a part of what is happening, so fully expecting to see a much better performance and players wanting it more.

3 hours ago, madras said:

It'll be like the season opener after we were promoted with KK as manager. Great atmosphere to start, they win, we realise we have lots to do, all comes good in the end.

Do people really think we still have the sort of fans at St James who can create that sort of atmosphere? I would love to think so, but in the decades since then, seems like a totally different breed of match goers these days. I'm hoping the spare tickets have have been snapped up by all those who used to follow the club with a passion and will make the noise we used to have back in those days. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Do people really think we still have the sort of fans at St James who can create that sort of atmosphere? I would love to think so, but in the decades since then, seems like a totally different breed of match goers these days. I'm hoping the spare tickets have have been snapped up by all those who used to follow the club with a passion and will make the noise we used to have back in those days. 

Hey that day started off with a good atmosphere...got quiet sharpish.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Hey that day started off with a good atmosphere...got quiet sharpish.

A defeat will always kill the enthusiasm somewhat doesn't matter what era it was. 

3 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Going to see a total different bunch of players now. They are going to want to be a part of what is happening, so fully expecting to see a much better performance and players wanting it more.

Bruce Been more hands on in training, could easily see us getting 25% possession