Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 17/10/21 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Very easy to say you'd take a moral stand theoretically :D 

Honestly though it's the premier league's fault footballs totally fucked why don't they boycott all premier league games? (and i don't mean that to be snide. All this outrage from people as if it's our clubs problem glosses over the fact that this is the leagues problem, and we're all in it together)

I managed to get a ticket for tomorrow. Just been to pay the lad and I nearly crashed on the way home due to being like a 5 year old at Christmas.

Fuck Spurs, there isn't a club in England can legitimately take the moral high ground, certainly not them.

6 minutes ago, Beth said:

I think if Bruce does somehow get a win tomorrow he'll retire after he gets peddled, 1000 games up with a win........

I can’t see him retiring after his press conference comments, he wants a crack at the job.. which obviously won’t happen but I think he’ll maybe get to announce after the game that he’s going to step down and let the club bring their own people in. (Which is code for, I’m being sacked but they let me manage the 1000th game)

An odd situation for sure but one am comfortable with.

10 minutes ago, Beth said:

I think if Bruce does somehow get a win tomorrow he'll retire after he gets peddled, 1000 games up with a win........

He won't retire, hell get a decent job after this. If there is one thing Ashley does its revitalise shit managers careers somehow. Hell either get a decent Championship job or a lower end PL job. 

7 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

He won't retire, hell get a decent job after this. If there is one thing Ashley does its revitalise shit managers careers somehow. Hell either get a decent Championship job or a lower end PL job. 

I doubt he'd ever manage in the PL again unless he got a club promoted. Look at Pardew/Hughes/Pulis etc, only so many failures you can have before the offers dry up. He's 60, not in good health and will be minted with his payoff, why put up with the hassle?

2 minutes ago, Beth said:

I doubt he'd ever manage in the PL again unless he got a club promoted. Look at Pardew/Hughes/Pulis etc, only so many failures you can have before the offers dry up. He's 60, not in good health and will be minted with his payoff, why put up with the hassle?

Because that's what some PFM managers do.   I could reel of a lsit if you like but they do, it's like they think the last 20 years haven't panned out as I would have liked but this next job, I'll do it.

2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Very easy to say you'd take a moral stand theoretically :D 

Honestly though it's the premier league's fault footballs totally fucked why don't they boycott all premier league games? (and i don't mean that to be snide. All this outrage from people as if it's our clubs problem glosses over the fact that this is the leagues problem, and we're all in it together)

I did. And as (I think) the last remaining Spurs fan on here that means 100% of Spurs fans polled on here boycott all Premier League games :lol:

1 hour ago, ScottishMagpie said:

8 pages for a pre match thread before squad is announced?  When was the last time?  The good times back? [emoji38]

Was thinking the same thing earlier today when the thread was on 7 pages. It feels great to be rooting for a win again regardless of Bruce being there. 

Bruce has trained and prepared the squad, Bruce is in the dugout and Bruce has decided the team and formation. Bruce is also in charge of subs and all decisions over the 90 mins. 

I'm predicting a 2 goal win for Spurs and a wasted opportunity to collect at least a point based on all of the above. This is why he should have been sacked this week. The support from the crowd will be massive but once Kane slots one home in the 20th minute it'll be flat as a witch's tit for the remainder of the afternoon. All momentum lost. 

Spurs -1 is 10/3, lump on. 

Just now, midds said:

Bruce has trained and prepared the squad, Bruce is in the dugout and Bruce has decided the team and formation. Bruce is also in charge of subs and all decisions over the 90 mins. 

I'm predicting a 2 goal win for Spurs and a wasted opportunity to collect at least a point based on all of the above. This is why he should have been sacked this week. The support from the crowd will be massive but once Kane slots one home in the 20th minute it'll be flat as a witch's tit for the remainder of the afternoon. All momentum lost. 

Spurs -1 is 10/3, lump on. 

Gonna be class when we’re losing after 60 minutes so he hoys on all the attacking players in mindless substitutions.