Jump to content

Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 17/10/21 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

 

Fair do's. 

 

This is something we will have to live with from now on.

 

I'll live with it.

 

At the end of the day we won, the big six lost. They'll have to live with it as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of Spurs fans would obviously change their tune if it was them being taken over, they are obviously jealous and feel like that they are going to slip further away from ever winning the title with Kane getting a year older and likely half way out of the for and their best squad possibly ever not being good enough or bottling it.

 

However let’s not forget that Spurs have a large Jewish following, and for many of their fans, a Saudi led club will never be welcomed. I think this is one of the reasons why their takeover to PIF failed, apart from the owners thinking they could sell the club for the most money every received.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very easy to say you'd take a moral stand theoretically :D 

 

Honestly though it's the premier league's fault footballs totally fucked why don't they boycott all premier league games? (and i don't mean that to be snide. All this outrage from people as if it's our clubs problem glosses over the fact that this is the leagues problem, and we're all in it together)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joeyt said:

 

 

If that poll was before we got took over I bet it would be very different. Voting off back of sour grapes because we have already been sold to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to get a ticket for tomorrow. Just been to pay the lad and I nearly crashed on the way home due to being like a 5 year old at Christmas.

 

Fuck Spurs, there isn't a club in England can legitimately take the moral high ground, certainly not them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But spurs would happily take the money from the super league?

Wonder where that money was going to come from?

 

And they doesn't say no to the TV money from the premier league. Wonder where that money comes from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beth said:

I think if Bruce does somehow get a win tomorrow he'll retire after he gets peddled, 1000 games up with a win........


I can’t see him retiring after his press conference comments, he wants a crack at the job.. which obviously won’t happen but I think he’ll maybe get to announce after the game that he’s going to step down and let the club bring their own people in. (Which is code for, I’m being sacked but they let me manage the 1000th game)

 

An odd situation for sure but one am comfortable with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Beth said:

I think if Bruce does somehow get a win tomorrow he'll retire after he gets peddled, 1000 games up with a win........

He won't retire, hell get a decent job after this. If there is one thing Ashley does its revitalise shit managers careers somehow. Hell either get a decent Championship job or a lower end PL job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

He won't retire, hell get a decent job after this. If there is one thing Ashley does its revitalise shit managers careers somehow. Hell either get a decent Championship job or a lower end PL job. 

I doubt he'd ever manage in the PL again unless he got a club promoted. Look at Pardew/Hughes/Pulis etc, only so many failures you can have before the offers dry up. He's 60, not in good health and will be minted with his payoff, why put up with the hassle?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beth said:

I doubt he'd ever manage in the PL again unless he got a club promoted. Look at Pardew/Hughes/Pulis etc, only so many failures you can have before the offers dry up. He's 60, not in good health and will be minted with his payoff, why put up with the hassle?

Because that's what some PFM managers do.   I could reel of a lsit if you like but they do, it's like they think the last 20 years haven't panned out as I would have liked but this next job, I'll do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Very easy to say you'd take a moral stand theoretically :D 

 

Honestly though it's the premier league's fault footballs totally fucked why don't they boycott all premier league games? (and i don't mean that to be snide. All this outrage from people as if it's our clubs problem glosses over the fact that this is the leagues problem, and we're all in it together)


I did. And as (I think) the last remaining Spurs fan on here that means 100% of Spurs fans polled on here boycott all Premier League games :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScottishMagpie said:

8 pages for a pre match thread before squad is announced?  When was the last time?  The good times back? [emoji38]

 

Was thinking the same thing earlier today when the thread was on 7 pages. It feels great to be rooting for a win again regardless of Bruce being there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Disco locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...