Changes you'd like the new owners to make

toon25

I’d like Greggs to run the food or at least have local themed, branded fast food and local beers in the stadium. 

Geordie burger: sausage roll in a bun with a slice of cheese instead of lettuce, a slice of cheese instead of tomato and a slice of cheese. Full pickled onion in lieu of gherkin.

21 minutes ago, RS said:

I’d like Greggs to run the food or at least have local themed, branded fast food and local beers in the stadium. 

Geordie burger: sausage roll in a bun with a slice of cheese instead of lettuce, a slice of cheese instead of tomato and a slice of cheese. Full pickled onion in lieu of gherkin.

Greggs is fucking shit.  When I say local food I mean actual quality food not a fucking reheated 8% pork sausage roll ffs.

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

There's some really great suggestions in this thread and, I dunno about anyone else, I get the impression from the new owners that they're genuine about engaging with supporters, and would probably even like to hear about this sort of stuff. 

With that in mind, a couple of us (me n @HUGZ :laugh:) have been thinking that it could be worthwhile actually putting something in writing from Newcastle-Online to the club. I think that this place is one of the better representations of Newcastle fans on the internet because, though not everyone aligns on every subject (why/how could they?), there's a common thread in that everyone just wants what is best for the club. For that reason I see no reason as to why we can't think big and introduce ourselves to the hierarchy, particularly at this moment when Staveley et al have fan engagement very high on their agenda. 

Additionally, I've seen a couple of posts from different members - each of which have got a bunch of likes - about bringing the website back, or something along these lines. Doing stuff under the N-O moniker that is positive and effectively reveling in the delight of being in a post-Ashley era. Not talking about any changes to the forum itself; just adding something additional. Engaging with the club could be the first step on that road?

If there's no obvious reason not to write to the club, is there anything else that people think we should include in the message? And regarding the prospect of perhaps creating a bit of light-hearted content under the N-O banner, is there anyone who'd fancy being involved and/or bringing one or two ideas to the table? 

Just seen this post. Think it’s a really great idea. Definitely worth discussing the development of NO. My own perspective from a good few years of community work is that often exciting and vibrant community efforts can die when they become formally constituted and management boards are set up. It tends to bring politics and arsehole personalities out (see the Trust as an example). The idea of doing something ego-free with NO is great. Perhaps try and be a really great and fun fan group without massive lofty aims? Like just build a really good community of fans, with plenty of opportunities for connection be it virtual, at matches, events…

Also, with podcasts - think something like that could work, especially if it is an alternative to the usual talking heads NUFC shite patter and had a different slant. 

I kind of hate football podcasts that talk relentlessly about the football or football club 😂

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

If you stick to bacon sarnies, coffee and donuts Greggs is actually Michelin quality. 

Neither. I realised Greggs is dogshit the minute I popped into a Milligans (or any other independent bakers) lol

Some really good suggestions in here. I really like the thoughts of local businesses having the opportunity around food or drink, although probably should stay away from themes like " French Day" as can only see that going one way...

The Fans Forum is a must to return and arguably has to given the need for the club to engage with fans and calls around transparency. I'd bin off the fan sponsor challenge at half time and bring back youth getting a 5 minute chance to show off (maybe link into the Foundation for participants to get opportunity to have a small kick about on the pitch). 100% half time hero needs to return - always used to be a boost and some learning about those players from 60/70s who made appearances.

Is it worth adding a poll to this with some of the suggestions which have cropped up as might get more members see then vote so if you do put anything forward you're putting forward something that a few people have an interest in?

If you go down the anonymous moniker for NO route you'd probably be onto something, worked a treat under umbrella movements like AshleyOut as more of a collective and less likely to have "a face". You also take away the narrative and subjective opinion i.e. if Luke Edwards wrote it then I already think it's not going to be very good because of xyz. Obviously goes without saying they would need to be vetted (no SaudiMags4Life movements)...

42 minutes ago, alijmitchell said:

Also, with podcasts - think something like that could work, especially if it is an alternative to the usual talking heads NUFC shite patter and had a different slant. 

I kind of hate football podcasts that talk relentlessly about the football or football club 😂

100% this - it has become a vacuum both good and bad. I'm not sure if this exists already in the podcast world, but there has been an intrigue why posters that aren't born in Newcastle (especially those not in the UK) have an affinity to NUFC. We've got fan clubs around the world - would be interesting to see what the reaction around the world has been like taking all the cultural considerations on aboard plus you're catering to a diverse audience. You could even review past NUFC European adventures linked to that country as a bit of a throwback before a hopeful return to the European days!

2 hours ago, robbo_11 said:

100% this - it has become a vacuum both good and bad. I'm not sure if this exists already in the podcast world, but there has been an intrigue why posters that aren't born in Newcastle (especially those not in the UK) have an affinity to NUFC. We've got fan clubs around the world - would be interesting to see what the reaction around the world has been like taking all the cultural considerations on aboard plus you're catering to a diverse audience. You could even review past NUFC European adventures linked to that country as a bit of a throwback before a hopeful return to the European days!

Yeah, if we did a podcast I'd love to feature posters from around the world to tell their story a bit. Fan tales another terrific shout. A podcast more about fans than only waffling about the current affairs. 

Make attending the match affordable, put more and better TV’s in the concourses and pay for SkySports & BT Sport ffs. 

Open a NUFC store in The Bridges. 

And, ban Sharon and Tracey who sit behind me. If Viz was real life......

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Make attending the match affordable, put more and better TV’s in the concourses and pay for SkySports & BT Sport ffs. 

Open a NUFC store in The Bridges. 

And, ban Sharon and Tracey who sit behind me. If Viz was real life......

You’d imagine with increased demand that this will go the opposite way.

Guest neesy111
39 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

You’d imagine with increased demand that this will go the opposite way.

It's already quite affordable I'd say compared to other clubs etc.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

There are running costs to keep the website going; the pot we have to pay for it has been built up by donations from members. 

Was running on fumes with Wullie’s dodgy fivers for a while

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

How do we donate to this website? Didn’t realise it was an option I would have done it before now ?

I’ll PM you my PayPal details