Changes you'd like the new owners to make

toon25

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How do we donate to this forum? Didn’t realise it was an option I would have done it before now ?

There's a donate button accessed via the three lines in the top right of the page. 

I adored Sir Les, I was gutted we sold Cole, but I ranked Shearer number 1, Sir Les number 2 and Cole 3 at that time Cole was banging them in for us, and boy how lucky am I to have seen all 3 at my club, very lucky! Happy days, all of them!

Has anyone mentioned upgrading the woeful 4G signals in the ground.

Btw Sir Les was almost the perfect striker, give him a nasty edge and he’d have been the best. He was a real Rolls Royce of a player and athlete.

Amazing isn't it? NUFC TV interview a former footballer, without being afraid of mentioning a certain former manager and we feel like we are being blessed with content.

Mike Ashley really did smash our club to pieces.

Imagine they had an interview with KK next week. Heads would explode.

33 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Btw Sir Les was almost the perfect striker, give him a nasty edge and he’d have been the best. He was a real Rolls Royce of a player and athlete.

Aye he was too nice, if he had say Drogba’s bit of nasty streak in him, you’re looking at a genuine world-class striker. He had it all though Sir Les and he’s a wonderful person to boot, someone I wouldn’t mind seeing back at the club in some capacity. 

Guest neesy111
5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

That's not an issue with the club.  It's 52,000 people all using their phones at the same time and it being in a city centre.

53 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

That's not an issue with the club.  It's 52,000 people all using their phones at the same time and it being in a city centre.

Doesn’t happen at other grounds though, I’ve been to the Emirates in the last few years and the wifi signal was superb for example.

Edited by HTT II

Is a new modern stadium on the cards then ?

I do not think patching up (expanding) an already aged ground,  is going to sit well with the aesthetic sensibilities of the new owners. IMO

Edited by skz

Ok thought this was probably sensible thread to have this discussion. What should the owners do in the immediate future in terms of on the pitch, I'm not talking specific managers or players necessarily.

Do you try and find a manager to take the manager on long term straight away? Or do you get in someone a bit less exciting maybe to firefight and keep us in premier league this season, with view of better managers coming available in summer (and if dude does very well can be kept I guess). I would be tempted to get a director of football to come in and spend the next 6 months getting everything including recruitment structure behind the scenes all straightened out before worrying about attracting any super big name managers but torn because a shit manager beloved of pundits could still get us relegated. I doubt a Tuchel sort would want to join until summer at least. 

Transfers wise, assuming they're telling the truth and not going to spend all the money in the world immediately I still think at least 3 solid quality players are needed in winter. We 100% need a high class midfielder and striker. Press are banging on about more centre backs but a good coach should be able to get Schar back into team and get lascelles playing well again. 

I, think any 'big name' signings will be over expensive in january. We are going to be offered every overpaid unwelcome player in all the leagues from teams hoping to get a quick buck from naive new owners. I would also try and avoid totally breaking the wage structure immediately lest cause problems with current squad we still need. I would try and get ASM on new contract mind. 

On 15/10/2021 at 13:49, skz said:

Is a new modern stadium on the cards then ?

I do not think patching up (expanding) an already aged ground,  is going to sit well with the aesthetic sensibilities of the new owners. IMO

I'm nearly sure we'll see a new name for a sponsored ground and on that basis I've made my peace with the idea of them building somewhere else (in the city centre, though). I proper love St James and probably would rather they stuck with 52k though, in all honesty