Changes you'd like the new owners to make

toon25

Guest neesy111

There is absolutely no chance for planning approval for a leazes park stadium.  Also I'm against it from a pure outdoors perspective. 

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

:lol: fair point

and the Canada Geese could start haunting a different disgusting brown sheet of dirty water

Haha, it's so difficult tho to find a site in the center big enough without moving roads and such, Spurs seemed to manage it and Chelsea had huge plans.

My shout for money no object planning is to level everything between St James Boulevard and Pink Lane/Clayton Street and Neville Street/Westgate.  I mean, it's a shame for the Tyne Theatre and that, but :shifty:

I mean, I know it's not going to happen :lol: but that's the bit of town I reckon everyone would miss least (other than, y'know, people who live and work there :lol:)

There's literally nowhere to put anything except between the arena and Forth Banks, really. Or Manors, maybe.

Edited by OpenC

Increase St James’ to its maximum, make it super difficult to get a ticket, get the atmosphere unreal and don’t care about match day revenue (which is shit for a club anyway). 

Small things which would be such notable and immediate improvements to the stadium and the match day experience:

- Return the lettering on the East Stand from the italicised letters which are almost illegible back to the roman (upright) letters with proper kerning between letters.
- Lose whatever version of Blaydon Races they're playing in the stadium these days and return to the original they used to play. Current version is a mess. What's with those drums?

Another thing which somewhat dampens the build up is the Premier League music. I'm guessing that it's a requirement to have it played though. O Fortuna sounds great just as the players are in the tunnel readying themselves, but I'm sure it used to break straight into Local Hero as they entered the pitch and was way more inspiring that way.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Allow more than two tickets per member. Think the atmosphere would improve if we had more groups of friends /family sitting together.

Think I've already posted in here but massively reduce the family section and allow adults back in level 7

5 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Think I've already posted in here but massively reduce the family section and allow adults back in level 7

That may happen naturally as many of them on 10yr deals are coming to an end and the kids are now 17 or 18.

On 16/10/2021 at 17:25, neesy111 said:

There is absolutely no chance for planning approval for a leazes park stadium.  Also I'm against it from a pure outdoors perspective. 

Building New St James's on Leazes Park is best option for club, fans, locals, and council on the provision that the current site is dug up, with rolls of grass and benches thrown into the hole that's left.

2 hours ago, WackZeeEeerz said:

Building New St James's on Leazes Park is best option for club, fans, locals, and council on the provision that the current site is dug up, with rolls of grass and benches thrown into the hole that's left.

Like the roundabout at Cowgate?

Getting the Leazes singing corner reinstated and reducing level 7 family enclosure are musts to get a consistent good atmosphere back in ground. 

I’m all for getting the younger generation in, but the size of the family enclosure is ridiculous and does nothing for the atmosphere. With demand sure to be high from now on it’s a quick win for the new owners, both financially and getting SJP vibrant again.

It’s a difficult one, because as it stands it’s sold out almost every game up in the family enclosure, and it’s securing the long term fan base. As much as we want a better atmosphere, you can’t just whip the tickets off kids to give it to people who jacked their tickets in. It would be a PR nightmare.

1 hour ago, PCW1983 said:

There’s a good Athletic article on YT about their youth philosophy, talks about why and how they’ve just knocked summit like £20m into this. 

Looks amazing that, hopefully in the very near future we will have something similar/better!