Jump to content

Changes you'd like the new owners to make


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nufcjmc said:

I wonder what you do with deadwood, pay up their contract to let them go? Offer them up for dirt cheap? Loan out and supplement wages for life of contract? Deregister the player to free up squad places. When your rich it doesn't matter except helps balance the books for FFP but needs to be done to make way for possibly 3 or 4 quality Jan additions? 

 

Glue Factory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Me ST mate just tried to buy me a ticket for the Chelsea game in level 7 but has to buy a bairn's ticket with it.

 

That needs changing immediately.

Yes, the family enclosure needs massively reducing.

 

It was only 500 seats in the 2000s as there was genuinely so many adults wanting to go the games. My dad had to buy me a seat with him in usual seats - no cheaper family tickets back then and you sat where you could. No disrespect to the kids and parents now, but they don't exactly generate as much noise, especially for around 5000-7000 seats. 

 

I'll probably have loads of parent's on here kicking off at me now [emoji38]

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Yes, the family enclosure needs massively reducing.

 

It was only 500 seats in the 2000s as there was genuinely so many adults wanting to go the games. My dad had to buy me a seat with him in usual seats - no cheaper family tickets back then and you sat where you could. No disrespect to the kids and parents now, but they don't exactly generate as much noise, especially for around 5000-7000 seats. 

 

I'll probably have loads of parent's on here kicking off at me now [emoji38]


Sure Ashley introduced that to stop people shouting bad names at him. We were moved from level 7 corner to the Gallowgate for that exact reason.
 

He thought if he put kids up there he wouldn't get so much stick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuinely more excited about potential investment into infrastructure and the city, at this point. The team will take a while to build and they'll make mistakes along the way. Getting the right manager for the time and vision is absolutely key but I'm expecting them to not get that right first time.

 

I also wonder if they're sneakily going to hope that Rafa might be up for walking away from Everton at the end of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick wins:

 

- Sack Bruce

- Remove Sport Direct signage

- Communicate high level plans to fans

 

Do the above and that buys them time to do a full review and prep for Jan window!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Genuinely more excited about potential investment into infrastructure and the city, at this point. The team will take a while to build and they'll make mistakes along the way. Getting the right manager for the time and vision is absolutely key but I'm expecting them to not get that right first time.

 

I also wonder if they're sneakily going to hope that Rafa might be up for walking away from Everton at the end of the season.


I was wondering whether he’d consider it sooner. Assuming Everton were prepared to let him go/sell him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, St1pe said:


I was wondering whether he’d consider it sooner. Assuming Everton were prepared to let him go/sell him. 

I don't think Rafa ever walks away from things mid-season, unless he's told to go. They may think they can go with Jones/interim until the end of the season but significantly invest in players to keep us up in January.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In order:

 

1) Bruce gone

2) Charnley gone

3) Whole place fumigated

4) Sports Direct Signage gone

5) Appoint of new DoF

6) Appoint a new manager

7) Ban Luke Edwards for life

8) Set fire to a Mike Ashley cardboard cut out in the centre circle after we beat Spurs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce Sacked

SD signs taken down

New manager appointed asap

Maintenance on the ground

Plans drawn and submitted for new training facilities

Plans drawn and submitted for new youth academy

Identify 3-4 players in the winter window which will make sure relegation isn't a thought

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

- New Manager

- Clean up of SJP

- Welcoming back club legends who've walked away. Really look after them ala Man Utd, Man City etc. Keegan should be at every home game as a guest of the club, if he isn't involved in some ambassadorial role

- New training ground or at least huge investment/restructure of the one we have

- appoint football people to the board

- huge investment in the academy, make sure it becomes a true hotbed of football. Reach out to local schools etc like Sunderland and Middlesbrough do

- give loyalty points back to people who walked away, or at least something. Even without a Season Ticket, you should still be able to go to away games or at least get a fair chance. Also, renewal of a Season Ticket should automatically accrue some points, as some people are never able to build them up as some games don't drop to 0

- Buy Sunderland and burn it to the ground

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

In order:

 

1) Bruce gone

2) Charnley gone

3) Whole place fumigated

4) Sports Direct Signage gone

5) Appoint of new DoF

6) Appoint a new manager

7) Ban Luke Edwards for life

8) Set fire to Mike Ashley in the centre circle after we beat Spurs.

YES !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring in a Ralf Ragnick type figure to oversee recruitment and actually have defined plan, with well managed processes. I would start the whole recruitment department over and re structure it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rich changed the title to Changes you'd like the new owners to make

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...