Selling club no more... hopefully

veriaqa

What excited me the most about this takeover is the fact that NUFC now are the richest FC in the world. Hopefully with that status, NUFC cease to be selling club it used to be.

NUFC used to sell its star players, hot prospectful young players, and players that contribute the most for the club for money. And now that NUFC have more money that one could imagine, I hope NUFC could retain its players from other clubs. I hope, from now on when NUFC sold its players is because NUFC don't need them anymore.

Hopefully...

Just now, veriaqa said:

What excited me the most about this takeover is the fact that NUFC now are the richest FC in the world. Hopefully with that status, NUFC cease to be selling club it used to be.

NUFC used to sell its star players, hot prospectful young players, and players that contribute the most for the club for money. And now that NUFC have more money that one could imagine, I hope NUFC could retain its players from other clubs. I hope, from now on when NUFC sold its players is because NUFC don't need them anymore.

Hopefully...

I am open to anything to be honest as long as it is done in the right spirit, and there is ultimately a legit plan with the right people in place to carry it out.

Borussia Dortmund are technically a selling club, but they do it in a way that continuously allows them to bring in top tier young talents and still compete at the highest level. Having said that I doubt we will be a selling club even in that sense anymore.

It’s was never about being a selling club for me, every club sells players look at Liverpool with coutinho and Chelsea with hazard. It was about us being a stepping stone, I literally think we signed some players by telling them we will let them go in a year or 2 to a “bigger club”.

And again we can sell players but now we will spend and reinvest and build and try to be something, honestly I’m so excited for every stage of this.

Sell all you want no player should be irreplaceable the difference i hope is we sell we buy just as good or better. 

The bigger sales fees we got over the years we never then spent that on 1 in 1 out replacement or better. It went on a poorer player his agent fees, wages etc 

Once cheap dead wood goes however we manage to do that spend on quality editions 

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I know what he means, and I agree. We won't have to sell if we don't want to.

But today, we need to bin all but a few of them :lol: 

totally agree!

We should look to get rid of the dead wood that has been here for years.   Clear them out and bring in new blood

I think we need to be honest with ourselves here. It is going to take at least a generation of players before we can be viewed on a par with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona etc.

There is something with the elite clubs that will always trump playing for the richest club so we will be in a position where we could develop ASM (say) into a genuine £150m player, possibly Ballon d'or winner and he would still push to leave to play for another club.

You guys misunderstand me. I don't talk about deadwood players or useless players. NUFC should sell those players. I talk about the case like Cole or Carroll or Gascoigne, or more recently ASM. If this takeover failed, I'm sure Ashley will sell ASM to the other clubs.