I supported Newcastle when....

When Nicky Butt did a bicycle kick clearance in the middle of the park under noe pressure and for no reason.

When Alan Smith did a bicycle kick about 35 yards from goal and it hit the crossbar.

When Scott Parker slid into Joe Cole and sent him spinning into the atmosphere.

On 08/10/2021 at 15:53, Happinesstan said:

When Rob Lee scored from Leazes Park and it was disallowed because Brentford were offside.

It was from the bogs in The Strawberry iirc.

Barry Venison’s fault for having his hand up for offside.

Edited by Sima

I was gutted when we signed Ferdinand at the time tbh. Typical 10 year old who had dreams of us signing Baggio or Romario and Ferdinand just seemed like he'd be a route one aerial striker and that was it. It was amazing to find out just how good he was overall in the first part of 95/96, absolutely loved him.

12 minutes ago, STM said:

When we beat Aston Villa 5-1 and the crowd were signing about "Big fat Ron", Atkinson. 1994 and I was 6.

Andy Cole breaking the goalscoring record in that match and his huge big smile and the fans going mad, what a season that was.

9 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I was gutted when we signed Ferdinand at the time tbh. Typical 10 year old who had dreams of us signing Baggio or Romario and Ferdinand just seemed like he'd be a route one aerial striker and that was it. It was amazing to find out just how good he was overall in the first part of 95/96, absolutely loved him.

I was the opposite, again I rated him in the PL as an all-round CF second only to Shearer so I was delighted when we signed him. Back then though the club were in the market for players like Baggio and Romario and that’s as special in itself. Romario remains one of my all-time faves, he was special him. I doubt I’ve seen a more natural instinctive goalscorer in my time who also had the tricks and flair of your superstar Brazilian. He was basically Ronaldo before he burst onto the scene, but without his pace and power if that makes sense. The early 90s was great for me as I’d just started getting into football, you had the KK years, USA ‘94, new Labour, Brit Pop, our film industry was booming and all these world stars, plus Serie A which was my fave league at the time every Sunday on C4.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

I was the opposite, again I rated him in the PL as an all-round CF second only to Shearer so I was delighted when we signed him. Back then though the club were in the market for players like Baggio and Romario and that’s as special in itself. Romario remains one of my all-time faves, he was special him. I doubt I’ve seen a more natural instinctive goalscorer in my time who also had the tricks and flair of your superstar Brazilian. He was basically Ronaldo before he burst onto the scene, but without his pace and power if that makes sense. The early 90s was great for me as I’d just started getting into football, you had the KK years, USA ‘94, new Labour, Brit Pop, our film industry was booming and all these world stars, plus Serie A which was my fave league at the time every Sunday on C4.

90's nostalgia is the best. Cheers!

On 11/10/2021 at 07:12, nufcnick said:

When charlton beat us 2-0 at home on a cold day in January 1989

Me and a mate were both skint so we went at half time and persuaded a guy on one of the exit gates at the back of the Gallowgate to let us in.  Awful!

3 hours ago, kisearch said:

I was kind of the same, not gutted but slightly underwhelmed, but Keegan had wanted him for a long time and there was no reason to doubt Keegan.

Edited by Happinesstan