I supported Newcastle when....

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

1-0 last minute winner from Cole I think

Aye, he was marked out the game by Des Walker until really late on, but we did dominate that match and many more of course

10 minutes ago, Bizza said:

8.jpg

Trust me he said…

I don’t even know the man personally, but I’d trust him with my life.

Fucking love Keegan, man. Like unconditional love.

Hope they bring him to a home game soon - would love him on the pitch before kick off, but knowing him he'd rather have no fuss and just enjoy being in St James' again. 

Absolute legend, get a statue commissioned ASAP

3 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Fucking love Keegan, man. Like unconditional love.

Hope they bring him to a home game soon - would love him on the pitch before kick off, but knowing him he'd rather have no fuss and just enjoy being in St James' again. 

Absolute legend, get a statue commissioned ASAP

At the few talk ins I've been too he always makes a point how out of touch he is with football nevermind Newcastle.

I hope that's not true because people like KK are honestly the embodiment of all that is good and pure in football.

He was charismatic and way ahead of his time considering it was his first foray into football management, even his second spell you started to see what he wanted to do and how positive an outlook he bestows on his team's.

I, and I assume many others hang on the words of people like KK. Stark contrast to Steve Bruce who I could honestly never hear another word spoken from him the rest of my life.

KK’s football was way ahead of its time when he first took over, we blitzed the league when we were promoted playing arguably the best football I’ve seen of any NUFC side, we beat Barnsley away 5 or 6-0 I think and it could have been 30-0, we just destroyed them on a shitty pitch with outstanding one touch passing football, runs behind and in the channels and even the defence were basically playing past the half way line. I used to have the video when I was a kid and would watch it over and over again, here was a rookie manager in the second division in 92/93 and his team were pressing from front to back constantly. 

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

KK’s football was way ahead of its time when he first took over, we blitzed the league when we were promoted playing arguably the best football I’ve seen of any NUFc side, we beat Barnsley away 5 or 6-0 I think and it could have been 30-0, we just destroyed them on a shitty pitch with outstanding one touch passing football, runs behind and in the channels and even the defence were basically playing past the half way line. I used to have the video when I was a kid and would watch it over and over again, here was a rookie manager in the second division in 92/93 and his team were pressing from front to back constantly. 

How long did it take him to put his stamp on the team? Surely must've been 2/3 seasons like Bruceybollocks?

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

How long did it take him to put his stamp on the team? Surely must've been 2/3 seasons like Bruceybollocks?

Ha ha, once we stayed up and he identified the right players, we literally flew out of the traps and won like 13 games on the bounce at the start of the following season playing football never seen before at that level especially nor in the newly created PL.

Edited by HTT II

3 hours ago, HTT II said:

Trust me he said…

I don’t even know the man personally, but I’d trust him with my life.

Funny story that Terry Mac tells about this.

Keegan was saying 'trust me'. To which a fan shouts: "Aye lads, he wouldn't have sold Cole without a replacement in mind".

To which Terry Mac says under his breath to Keegan "He fucking would"

[emoji38]

21 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Going by these highlights they battered us. :lol:

I might have been wrong then ha ha, I just remember listening to it on the Radio and it was all NUFC.

4 hours ago, NE27 said:

What sticks in my mind was his second coming after Fat Sam. We were really struggling, he couldn't get a win in his first 8 games and we were getting close to the drop positions. A lot of people were saying he was out of touch with the game (like now) and he didn't crack, took all the pressure on himself instead of the players and encouraged them to express themselves. By the end of the season we were probably showing top 6 form and the football was a transformation. That's why I would never write him off, although I do agree that long term he's not the answer any more. 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

a5e25f2ec1154f4fe46512f4cdf38d24.jpg

When a match programme cost 15p........My first match (aged 7) against Bristol City 1977.......still waiting for the best years to come :indi:

My first league match. Went to the Texaco Cup etc 1972-7 as my Dad wouldn't take me to big crowds

First matches I went to were under Ossie Ardiles.

Yes, he was taking us straight to relegation, but he also started us actually passing the ball and also playing promising youngsters, like Steve Howey and (I think) Lee Clark. 

Laid the foundations for KK in some ways. Then KK came in, saved us, and that promotion season was one of the most exciting I've ever had.

Probably my main memory is watching us play at Roker Park that season, where we won 2-1 with a Liam O'Brien special - I'd gotten into the home end and thought I was going to be killed [emoji38]