I supported Newcastle when....

30 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

First time I'd experienced a comeback. Never knew it was possible for us. First time I'd felt that ecstacy

Keep trying ID myself and a mate at the bottom of the gallowgate embracing after McGhee's winner but can never ID us for sure. Love how natural it was, like not knowing the protocol, but going mentl was the protocol in the sitiuations.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Former NUFC manager quotes... guess who? No Googling

1) “We just have to play better – it's as simple as that. No matter what formation and how you set up, you have to have a fundamental thing – and get hold of the ball and pass it to each other when you've got it.”

2) "I've always been a 4-4-2 man but I'm not big on systems or tactics. Systems are for school-teachers in professional football. What I am big on is great players working their socks off. The game happens at such pace that it's all about intuition; if you have that you do not need much more."

3) “All the Premier League teams are trying to get to a level that takes the game forward. Fitter, stronger and faster - the Olympic spirit is what the Premier League is all about. They’re right on the edge now.”

4) “I was brave going with two wingers and two strikers – there are not many head coaches or managers in the Premier League go that way, but I did it because I felt it was important to get the three points."

12 minutes ago, Pilko said:

1) “We just have to play better – it's as simple as that. No matter what formation and how you set up, you have to have a fundamental thing – and get hold of the ball and pass it to each other when you've got it.”

2) "I've always been a 4-4-2 man but I'm not big on systems or tactics. Systems are for school-teachers in professional football. What I am big on is great players working their socks off. The game happens at such pace that it's all about intuition; if you have that you do not need much more."

3) “All the Premier League teams are trying to get to a level that takes the game forward. Fitter, stronger and faster - the Olympic spirit is what the Premier League is all about. They’re right on the edge now.”

4) “I was brave going with two wingers and two strikers – there are not many head coaches or managers in the Premier League go that way, but I did it because I felt it was important to get the three points."

2 is definitely Souness.

Think 4 is Roeder.

The others I don't have any recollection of but 3 sounds like something Pardew would say. 1 I'll guess McClaren.

21 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

3 goals in the last 12 mins. Bedlam in the scoreboard. :)

Great stuff. Can remember coming from behind with 2 late goals to beat Fulham 3-2 on bonfire night in the 83/84 promotion season. Another bedlam inducing comeback.

51 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Great stuff. Can remember coming from behind with 2 late goals to beat Fulham 3-2 on bonfire night in the 83/84 promotion season. Another bedlam inducing comeback.

Was there with my old man, in the West Stand paddocks. Kenny Wharton bagging the winner? :)

Modern day supporters are shite compared to 1980 and beyond , being crammed in at Rotherham and Peterborough, no where to piss .Caged in , blatant horrible racism, petrol bombs , no cctv but we all sang together loud and proud .

The song range from us now is shite at home , modern day home supporters are generally terrible . Hate the atmosphere now at home . 

17 hours ago, Shak said:
18 hours ago, Pilko said:

2 is definitely Souness.

Think 4 is Roeder.

The others I don't have any recollection of but 3 sounds like something Pardew would say. 1 I'll guess McClaren.

Thought the 'brave for playing two strikers' thing was Carver? Probably wrong. 

28 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Thought the 'brave for playing two strikers' thing was Carver? Probably wrong. 

Aye. Was 1) Bruce, 2) Souness, 3) Pardew, 4) Carver. Bloody abject bunch of names.