Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

Just now, Manxst said:

Chelsea for Arnesen. 

“When news of this emerged in June 2005, followed by pictures of Arnesen meeting Abramovich on his yacht in the south of France, the simmering tensions between the two clubs rushed to the boil. Levy was furious and Spurs threatened to report Chelsea to the Premier League for allegedly approaching Arnesen directly rather than going through them. Chelsea denied the accusation and released a statement saying: “Chelsea Ltd made an official approach to Tottenham Hotspur for permission to speak to Frank Arnesen two weeks ago. Chelsea Ltd has been in direct discussions with Tottenham for the last two weeks on this subject.”

The incident was especially pertinent at the time as it came just days after the club and Mourinho had been fined £500,000 for illegally approaching Arsenal defender Ashley Cole. They had also been given a suspended sentence of a three-point deduction if they committed the same offence (though it related only to players rather than executives).

Spurs suspended Arnesen and intense negotiations between the two clubs followed, with Levy walking out of a meeting with Kenyon as the two discussed appropriate compensation. Eventually, Chelsea agreed to pay Tottenham a compensation package of about £8 million, while Arnesen was put on gardening leave until the end of the transfer window. Arnesen was actually made to work right up until the end of his time at Spurs, and even on his last day in the job, he signed the papers to complete the signing of Grzegorz Rasiak from Derby County.

The incident left a bitter taste. Spurs were enraged that their entire structure had been upended but there was a feeling at Chelsea that Levy had been opportunistic in pushing for such a high compensation fee (an accusation Spurs have always vehemently denied, feeling their stance was entirely warranted).”

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, LRD said:

So Brighton are going to pay him for 9 months to do absolutely nothing? Doesn't make financial sense nor does it tie in with their "free to negotiate and leave" approach. While being anti-employment to boot 

By keeping him on the books until September they are preventing lost future revenue relating to their scouting network which probably significantly exceeds Ashworths salary so it makes perfect financial sense.

it isn’t anti employment because he is being paid very well and is serving his agreed notice period.

Just now, James said:

By keeping him on the books until September they are preventing lost future revenue relating to their scouting network which probably significantly exceeds Ashworths salary so it makes perfect financial sense.

it isn’t anti employment because he is being paid very well and is serving his agreed notice period.

There is little to reinforce that though.

11 minutes ago, James said:

Thing is Ashworth knows the name of the 19 year old Argentinian winger, 16 year old Forest Green Rovers full back and 23 year old Slovenian goalkeeper that Brighton will be able to sign for a combined £3m in the summer. I don’t think Brighton will want that info passed on to other clubs so I think he will have to serve the full 9 months gardening leave.

With hints like that I'm pretty sure we could find the forest Green full back.

3 minutes ago, James said:

And to be fair, Springs round the corner, loads to be done in the garden.

1 minute ago, James said:

what do you want? Ashworth’s contract to be posted online for us all to inspect?

Eh? I was saying it is hard for Brighton to reinforce DA not interfering with our club in private. Love to know what goes in your mind sometimes, James.

25 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

The last reports I saw is that we were negotiating with Brighton to release him earlier but we were far apart. 

And there we also wanted their Academy director. 

Hadn't seen that. We really seem to want to make an enemy out of Brighton. :lol:

2 hours ago, LRD said:

Eh? I was saying it is hard for Brighton to reinforce DA not interfering with our club in private. Love to know what goes in your mind sometimes, James.

would help if you knew the difference between the words enforce and reinforce

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

Wasn't sure where to put this but he was briefly linked when he came available.

Was incredibly underwhelming with New York Red Bulls and comes days after his manager seemed to take a swipe at his efforts. Everton aren't a great place to go to right now, but I wouldn't expect much.