Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

Just because you have more money doesn't mean you overpay for stuff.  It just means you can buy better stuff.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Just because you're wealthy doesn't mean you don't pay the approprate wages. Ballague can truly fuck off with that kind of line of thinking. 

Man City's owners could have bought us but they bought a similar product in Man City for a lot less than what Ashley wanted and with none of the d1cking around and disprespect. Reckon they must be hard up then.

I really like the fact that they are being very judicious with money, as it's a very strong stance right from the outset.

From some of the links we've been seeing with players, it's very evident agents are gagging to rip us off. It's just so pathetic man.

Yeah, think that he'll be a great fit with Howe who apparently is quite particular about the people he works with, as they have to all be on the same page as he is. Emenalo is very diplomatic and not the sort of DOF that will be trying to interfere in the manager's business.

7 minutes ago, GWN said:

So does a DOF recommend players to EH? Then if EH likes he try to get him?

im old school sorry 😞 

I think the DoF will have the bigger say in terms who is on the shortlist for a certain position then between them they will decide on who to go for - I prefer it this way 

Yeah, I think ideally the manager states what kind of player he would like and the DOF suggest a number of potential options, and then they whittle down from there, and the DOF is then responsible for tying up the deal.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I think ideally the manager states what kind of player he would like and the DOF suggest a number of potential options, and then they whittle down from there, and the DOF is then responsible for tying up the deal.

Yes, best case is that both can work together to get the right players in. Like what happened at Liverpool. Also worth noting that Howe's title is head coach, not manager.

Personally I would prefer Campos to come in for a more player oriented DoF and then someone more technical to be responsible of how everything is set up, the whole infrastructure of everything and the whole strategy to achieve whatever plan that's decided. 

My feeling is that Campos is better when it comes to player knowledge and contacts, meanwhile Emenalo might be better when it comes to infrastructure and setting up a short and long term plan together. 

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Personally I would prefer Campos to come in for a more player oriented DoF and then someone more technical to be responsible of how everything is set up, the whole infrastructure of everything and the whole strategy to achieve whatever plan that's decided. 

My feeling is that Campos is better when it comes to player knowledge and contacts, meanwhile Emenalo might be better when it comes to infrastructure and setting up a short and long term plan together. 

I’m sure I read somewhere that Campos is a control freak and usually wants absolute control. Not sure he’d be happy working with another technical director. 

I could be wrong however.

Yeah, true. I'm not exactly sure when it comes to what his exact role has been before apart from players. A DoF can really be a lot. Wouldn't mind him have total control on what players to sign for example, but there might be a lot of other stuff he would like to be in total control of. 

Having said that, I know that Emenalo has brought some decent players in too. Things will be better than before, that's for sure :lol:

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Yeah, true. I'm not exactly sure when it comes to what his exact role has been before apart from players. A DoF can really be a lot. Wouldn't mind him have total control on what players to sign for example, but there might be a lot of other stuff he would like to be in total control of. 

Having said that, I know that Emenalo has brought some decent players in too. Things will be better than before, that's for sure :lol:

I can't imagine the DoF role being the same at every club. As we've had some baldy speccy fella called Lee running the whole of the club on a shoestring budget for the last 8 years or so I'd imagine our next DoF will have his work cut out a lot more than if he was to go to Southampton for example.

Our Technical Secretary, Ramon Planes, suddenly announced that he was quitting a few days ago, and now he's being linked with yous. Because if I'm looking for somebody working in transfer policy, I'll hire somebody from Barça.

Nah, this guy is supposed to be actually quite competent. Laporta wanted to retain him, despite being a Bartomeu appointment. He's the guy that signed Pedri.

Edited by Village Idiot

3 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Our Technical Secretary, Ramon Planes, suddenly announced that he was quitting a few days ago, and now he's being linked with yous. Because if I'm looking for a DoF, I'll hire somebody from Barça.

Nah, this guy is supposed to be actually quite competent. Laporta wanted to retain him, despite being a Bartomeu appointment.

He’s been talked about, but the roles are confusing me…is a technical secretary the same as a director of football…? Or if we appointed him, would we also get another as a DOF?