Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

Can you imagine the shit we'd be in if the takeover happened after January like everyone thought ? At least we have a chance now.

True people are quick to forget how bad things were 2 months ago. We had no hope and were going down, now we have hope but are probably going down anyway yet people are unhappy. 

14 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

True people are quick to forget how bad things were 2 months ago. We had no hope and were going down, now we have hope but are probably going down anyway yet people are unhappy. 

Why wouldn’t we be unhappy about going down ?

Shouldn't bother me, and I feel a fucking tit even thinking about it, but...

I can already see the state of the media and other fans/clubs when we go down. I'm trying to make peace with it now because they will be like a randy tomcat with 3 balls.

Edited by NE27

53 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I can only dream of what this place will look like if they conduct their transfer business in the same protracted way they’ve conducted their search for the DoF and to some extent, manager😂

At this point is there much point even bothering with transfers? :lol:

I mean we got absolutely turbo fucked by one of the most incompetant managers in human history. A lot of money was spent to build a terrible team. But some blame has to go the way of the consortium. Bruce should have been sacked the moment they took over. The very next fucking day. We were always going to lose that chelsea game but needed to start eradicating the cunts influence on squad. 

We needed to appoint a manager quick. I know they had a lot to sort out but they didn't. 

Maybe Howe is the right guy but I he has also made mistakes. Keeping Darlow out of what sentimental value? Dubs isnt perfect either but he's not going to throw two brentford goals into how oen net, maybe just the one (like at world cup lolol)

Then he somehow picks clark rather than fernandez? what is he seeing in these players. 

I am also not convinced by willock shelvey midfield. I think hayden has to be in there tbh to keep any solidity, as if we have any at all. 

Mistakes, mistakes, adding up and if we stay up it would be an unrivaled achievement. But every point dropped means you have to win more harder points and i don't think there's any team we can beat in this league. I don't think even 4 or 5 signings can save us. It is a season consolidating, chucking out the almighty deadweight in the championship and another year of any fun deferred. 

There is a lot of blame to go around. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Howe has advised to leave off getting a DoF in too much of a hurry. He's pretty used to dealing with all aspects of management at Bournemouth, and given the lack of football experience among the ownership, could be they would prefer to build the staff slowly and get people on board who they can trust. Just looking at what's going on at Everton where you have well paid big shots at the top all trying to pass the buck, it's not something you can afford to get wrong. 

We're having to make do with third or fourth choice targets, managerial and directorial. We just have to hope the consortium make the right choices from the quality of targets available to them. 

Think this might be similar in regards to the January transfer window also, especially without the structure of the club being built yet. We may well make a mistake ala Emery 

Edit - not saying Emery would necessarily have done better than Howe can, but he has more top-level experience, and was the consortiums preferred choice over Howe

Edited by Sean

21 minutes ago, Sean said:

Edit - not saying Emery would necessarily have done better than Howe can, but he has more top-level experience, and was the consortiums preferred choice over Howe

Emery was PIFs choice, whereas I think Staveley and Reuben wanted Howe? I think it was much of a muchness and neither was a ‘preferred choice’ per se, in all honesty- merely one got approached before the other because PIF probably didn’t know much about Howe. 

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Emery was PIFs choice, whereas I think Staveley and Reuben wanted Howe? I think it was much of a muchness and neither was a ‘preferred choice’ per se, in all honesty- merely one got approached before the other because PIF probably didn’t know much about Howe. 

I mean I'm sure there's some merit in that, but we literally announced to the worlds press that Emery was signing. That was a mistake whatever way you look at it. We may have to put up with a mistake or 2 in January as the experience throughout the club just isn't there yet.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

We're having to make do with third or fourth choice targets, managerial and directorial.

I think that is very unlikely to be true.

Though, if you believe the Media, it is true . . . but of course as they have no access to anything at all that is actually going on at the new NUFC, it is (as I say) very unlikely to be true.