Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

12 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Can we just drop players from the squad to free up space for new signings?

Whos gonna buy these fucking losers?

Don’t have to register your players if you can’t shift them to free up squad places. Just means paying for players who you have no intention of using but don’t think money will be an issue as it was in the past.

Is it realistic to get a number of deals done in January? This mention of January being huge, but we're going to have to trade both ways. You've got new owners, players who in previous windows failed to attract any interest and a precarious position in the table leading to uncertainty. I don't think we can have a long term plan with processes and then sign 6 or more players - I can't see that happening.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah gotta go all out, fuck it. Pay over the odds i couldn’t care less really 

seems risky to me. What do we do if we lose in the courts and we’re in the championship

and have a load of players on really high wages?

We need a real plan. Problem is I don’t quite feel anyone at the club has one. Atleast not one good enough.

I would go for loans like Ake. Then we can buy in the summer.

2 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

Is it realistic to get a number of deals done in January? This mention of January being huge, but we're going to have to trade both ways. You've got new owners, players who in previous windows failed to attract any interest and a precarious position in the table leading to uncertainty. I don't think we can have a long term plan with processes and then sign 6 or more players - I can't see that happening.

Long term is on hold until the short term is secured, plans have to change and be adapted to the situation you find yourself. The planned growth with investment during the summer window takes a back seat whilst we secure our league position, once we’re safe will switch back to the long term plan.

Maybe a bit left field, bit I actually think our midfield and attack need more of an overhaul than our defence. 

If we're moving to a possesion based game then we need better players on the ball who can hold onto the ball better, play the right passes and make the right runs. 

Right now we have legs in midfield but we concede possession so easily with mindless play which immediately puts us back under pressure. 

Edited by Thumbheed

200 million has been reported. Have to remember these players will need integrating in to the squad.

I’d go:

Trippier-15 mil

Ake-loan with view to buy

Botman-25-30 mil

Digne- fuck Knars

Kamara- not sure but he’s out of contract soon so shouldn’t be too expensive. Maybe we could come up with a deal that would benefit everyone.

Martial - fuck knars but isn’t he another whose contract runs out?

Lingarrd-initial loan with view to buy. Can play multiple positions either out wide or cover Wilson when injured.

secondary targets:

Tarkowski-25 mil?

lloyd Kelly-no idea how much

15 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Maybe a bit left field, bit I actually think our midfield and attack need more of an overhaul than our defence. 

If we're moving to a possesion based game then we need better players on the ball who can hold onto the ball better, play the right passes and make the right runs. 

Right now we have legs in midfield but we concede possession so easily with mindless play which immediately puts us back under pressure. 

We def need improvements in midfield but the defence is a horror show

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Does anyone know much about him? Players signed etc? 

He was at the FA before he went there, highly rated by Brighton, however article states we still don’t expect to appoint a DOF until end of January so not sure how close this actually is.